Omaha Steaks Introduces 15-Minute Frozen Skillet Meals
- Asian Pepper Steak – Tender beef tips sliced thinly and sautéed with fire-roasted tri-color peppers and onions with a savory sticky-sweet-peppery Chinese-style sauce, all served over jasmine rice.
- Italian Chicken Piccata – All-white meat chicken lightly battered and cooked in a creamy lemon piccata sauce with roasted portabellini mushrooms on a bed of al dente Mafalda pasta. Capers add a briny, salty touch to the dish to balance the acidity of the lemon, while a pinch of red pepper flakes adds just a touch of heat.
- Indian Chicken Curry – Roasted chicken breast tenders sautéed in an Indian-style yellow curry sauce made with lemongrass, galangal, coriander, kaffir lime, garlic, cardamom and coconut milk. More color and texture comes from the addition of carrots, peas, red pepper and roasted red potatoes. Served over long-grain rice.
- Moroccan Beef – Tender beef tips in a zesty Moroccan-style harissa sauce with caraway, chili pepper, cumin, coriander, and garlic sautéed with chickpeas, chopped sweet potatoes, red pepper, onions and golden raisins. The spicy-sweet blend is served over simple-to-steam pearled couscous.
- Tempura Orange Chicken – Juicy chunks of premium chicken breast lightly tempura-fried and splashed with a bright, tangy, citrus-infused sauce. Sautéed with edamame, carrots, red peppers, water chestnuts, and fire-roasted onions and served over steamed jasmine rice.
- Steak au Poivre – Steak tips coated in a sauce with loads of fresh-cracked black pepper, French brandy and butter, sautéed with roasted red potatoes and marinated portabellini mushrooms, fire-roasted onions, green peas and finely chopped shallots.
Omaha Steaks has added 15-minute Skillet Meals to its range of frozen meals. Launched on August 1, the new product is available at the Nebraska company’s 70 retail stores across the USA as well as by placing orders online or over the phone.
"These chef inspired meals include everything you need to make a gourmet dinner at home, and the speed of preparation from freezer to table is unbeatable. Just add the bag of premium ingredients to your skillet, defrost the sauce pouch, stir and serve," said Todd Simon, senior vice president of the largest direct response marketer of premium beef product in the North America.
The global flavor menu features:
This launch follows the debut of Omaha Steaks Crock-Pot Meals earlier this year. The latest offerings broaden Omaha Steaks’ meals portfolio, which already includes premium beef, poultry, pork and seafood offerings as well as side dishes, desserts and appetizers.
"With all of our meal options we've not only eliminated the need to spend time shopping for ingredients and preparing the meal, but also relieved the pressure some families feel to use up ingredients expiring in the fridge, or rush to prepare meal kits from subscription services before they go bad," Simon said. Our meals can be ordered on demand and stored in the freezer, and they are available without signing up for a subscription service.”