Saucy Fish Lists Frozen Products at Loblaws in Canada
- Aged Cheddar and Chive Sauce Smashing with Smoked HaddockLemon Butter Sauce Sensational with Herb Crusted Atlantic Salmon
- Chili, Lime and Ginger Dressing Superb with Atlantic Salmon
- Salsa Verde Tremendous with Tilapia
- Sticky Maple Sauce Sensational with Smoked and Roasted Atlantic Salmon Fillets
- Tomato and Chilli Chutney Tremendous with Roasted Sweet Chilli Atlantic Salmon Fillets
- Sicilian Lemon & Dill Mayo Magnificent with Roasted Lemon and Herb Atlantic Salmon
The Saucy Fish Co., a Grimsby, England-headquartered unit of Icelandic Seachill, announced on September 28 that it has launched a range of premium frozen fish products in the Canadian supermarket chain Loblaws. The rollout brings its brand to 349 stores owned by Loblaws, including Zehrs, Your Independent Grocer, Valu-Mart, Provigo, Dominion and Atlantic Superstore outlets.
The news comes following a string of international export announcements in North America which have heralded new listings for Saucy Fish products in over 160 Whole Foods Markets stores and more than 800 Publix Super Markets outlets across Florida.
Known for its colourful, eye-catching packaging design, the brand’s product range in Canada has been tailored to appeal to the palates of consumers in that country. The following four SKUs, serving up two pieces per 270-gram pack, can be oven prepared straight out of the freezer:
There are also three products available in the already cooked ready-to-eat chilled line:
“Following our expansion in the United States over the last year, we’re exceptionally pleased to be launching in Canada with a brand new frozen range. Knowing that people in different markets buy and consume seafood in different ways, we feel extremely confident that our fish and sauce combinations will brighten up the Canadian shopper’s basket and lighten the load on whoever’s cooking the mid-week meal,” said Paul Macis, international and business development manager at The Saucy Fish Co. “We’re also delighted to have Loblaws as our retail partner. They seem really committed to supporting the launch.”