High Liner Foods Debuts New Sea Cuisine Product Line
- Pan Sear Garlic & Herb Tilapia, accented with garlic, rosemary, thyme and sage seasoning.
- Pan Sear Teriyaki Sesame Salmon – Wild Alaska Salmon with ginger, soy sauce and garlic seasoning.
- Flame Seared Lemon Pepper Scallops, featuring pepper and lemon seasoned Wild Sea Scallops.
- Mango Habanero Tilapia – accented with mango, agave, and habanero pepper.
- Asian Grill Rubbed Salmon – Atlantic Salmon from Chile, seasoned with a sweet heat rub of garlic, ginger, soy and chilies.
- Citrus Herb Rubbed Salmon – a combination of lemon, herb, salt and pepper rub with Atlantic Salmon from Chile.
- Honey Chipotle Salmon – sweet honey and smoky chipotle crusted Wild Alaska Salmon.
- Stout Spiked BBQ Salmon – Wild Alaska Salmon doused with a saucy selection of bittersweet coffee and malt.
- Sweet Sriracha Rubbed Salmon Skewers – Atlantic Salmon skewer starter kit with a sweet Sriracha kick.
- Montreal Seasoned Cod – Wild Cod fillets seasoned with roasted garlic, cracked pepper and spices.
High Liner Foods has launched 10 new prepared Sea Cuisine frozen entrees in the USA. The ready-to-cook fish dishes feature tilapia, salmon and scallops.
Successfully piloted in 1,200 Kroger stores across the nation during 2016, they are now being rolled out at Kroger, Target, Albertstons, Harvest Meat Company, Super Valu, Hy-Vee, Bashas, Shaws, Market Basket, Winco, and Walmart stores.
Targeting growing consumer demand for tasty, high quality seafood made from whole fish fillets, the products are positioned as “the perfect combination of versatility and convenience.” Consumers have the option to add their own flair and create a personal style meal in less than 30 minutes.
“We’re passionate about helping people live vibrant lives by making it easier than ever to access and enjoy delicious, premium seafood. Despite the dietary recommendations, consumption of seafood still lags because consumers often see it as difficult to prepare, expensive, and time consuming. We’re working to tackle those challenges head on and offer great-tasting seafood that’s simple to enjoy,” said Portsmouth, New Hampshire-based Jeff Tahnk, vice president for retail marketing.
He continued: “The American Heart Association recommends eating seafood at least twice per week, and we want to make it easier for people to follow these recommendations with high-quality products that look and taste great with on-trend flavor profiles. We’re excited about the growth of this new product line which has already attracted new buyers and garnered strong repeat and trial, driving real change in the frozen seafood category.”
The products are conveniently packaged in a transparent, patented skin pack tray to stimulate consumer curiosity by showcasing the premium whole fillet cuts. Eye-catching, bold colored labels are designed to make it easy for consumers to select their favorite seafood species: orange for Atlantic Salmon from Chile, green for Wild Sea Scallops, purple for Tilapia and pink for Wild Atlantic and Pacific Cod.
The flavor lineup includes:
About High Liner
High Liner Foods Incorporated, a Canadian company trading under the symbol HLF on the Toronto Stock Exchange, is the leading North American processor and marketer of value-added frozen seafood. Its retail branded products are sold throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico under the High Liner, Fisher Boy, Mirabel, Sea Cuisine and C. Wirthy labels, and are available in most grocery and club stores. The company also sells branded products to restaurants and institutions under the High Liner, Icelandic Seafood and FPI labels, and is the major supplier of private label value-added seafood products to North American food retailers and foodservice distributors.