Food Truck Cuisine Scene Inspires New Hot Pockets Line
- Triple Cheesy Bacon Melt Bites, co-created with Toasty Cheese Mobile Eatery. Inspired by Greg Barnhart's popular menu item dubbed "The Great Dane Double Cheese & Bacon Melt," these bites combine a robust blend of provolone, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses with Applewood smoked bacon and basil in a buttery crust.
- Smokin' Bacon BBQ Recipe Burger Bites, co-produced with Baby's Burgers. The ingredients are savory hamburger, Applewood smoked bacon, cheddar cheese and onions smothered in a mesquite BBQ sauce in a soft-baked crust. The recipe is drawn from Lori Barbera and Erica Cohen's gourmet "She's Smokin" burger at Baby's Burgers.
- Fiery Jalapeño Lime Chicken Rollers, co-created with The Lobos Truck. American comfort food with a twist comes courtesy of Jasmine Wolf's The Lobos Truck. These bite-sized rollers feature tender dark meat chicken, jalapeños, cilantro and corn with spicy ginger lime sauce in a mini spring roll.
- Spicy Asian-Style Beef Rollers, co-produced with Komodo Truck. Latin and Southeast Asian-style flavors combine to create fusion cuisine from Komodo. Eric and Erwin Tjahyadi's bite-size creation is made with tender beef, red pepper and jalapeños with Hoisin sauce in a mini spring roll.
- Fiery Jalapeño Lime Chicken Sandwiches, co-created with The Lobos Truck. The sandwich version of Fiery Jalapeño Lime Chicken features grilled white meat chicken, jalapeños, cilantro and corn with spicy ginger lime sauce in a crispy crust.
- Spicy Asian-Style Beef Sandwiches, co-produced with Komodo Truck. The sandwich version of Spicy Asian-Style Beef includes Angus beef, red peppers and jalapeños with Hoisin sauce in a crispy crust.
Once considered just a pop culture craze or fad, the vast popularity of food trucks in major USA cities has been a leading force in the evolution of the mobile food industry. Driven by consumers' hunger for unique flavors and tasty dining experiences, the number of food trucks on the road has reportedly nearly tripled over the last four years.
That's why the Hot Pockets’ culinary crew teamed up with food truck chefs to co-create Hot Pockets Food Truck Bites and Sandwiches, which are made to “bring the tastes and adventure of mobile eating to freezers nationwide.”
Developed in collaboration with four award-winning food truck proprietors from Los Angeles and Chicago – Komodo, The Lobos Truck, Baby's Burgers and Toasty Cheese Mobile Eatery – a spokesman from Hot Pockets says it’s “elevating a familiar favorite with a culinary twist to satisfy consumers' hunger for more.”
"Consumers today are looking for more flavor from food and trying different types of cuisine – and they're often inspired by international options," said John Carmichael, president of the Run “our story of Nestlé USA, which produces and markets the Hot Pockets range. "Based on the explosion of these trends and the popularity of mobile eating, we wanted to give consumers a delicious and creative new product that brings food truck cuisine to life in their own kitchens."
The food truck line serves up a bold flavor experience in the form of bites and sandwiches, including a new "roller" form, a mini spring roll packed with flavorful, spicy fillings that may be shared with friends or enjoyed as a snack.
Showcased in original packaging that features each food truck's co-creation story, the latest Hot Pockets line unites bold ingredients such as fiery jalapeños and premium meats like Applewood smoked bacon with 100% real cheese and no artificial flavors.
Hot Pockets Food Truck Bites and Sandwiches cook up quickly in conventional or microwave ovens. They are currently available at grocery stores throughout the United States at a suggested retail price of $5.99 for Food Truck Bites in 20-ounce bags, and $2.29 for Food Truck Sandwiches that come in units of two per box.
The following four Food Truck Bites are available:
Hot Pockets Food Truck Sandwiches are available in two varieties: