Kerry’s Flavours of America Shack, That’s ‘Where it’s At’
- The Ultimate Burger boasts beef with smoky bacon, signature BBQ pulled pork and mature cheddar in a brioche bun.
- Chicken Fajita & Dips feature chunky chicken, spicy and smoky fajita sauce with flour wraps, garlic and chive dip and tomato and chili salsa.
- Smoky House Beef Burritos serve up slow cooked ground beef chili and long grain rice wrapped in a flour tortilla, topped with house smoky sauce, garlic and chive dip and chili salsa.Smoky House Pulled Chicken Burrito is pulled spicy chicken, chili and long grain rice loaded into a flour tortilla and topped with house smoky sauce, garlic and chive dip and chili salsa.
- Chicken & Buffalo Sauce Waffle is exactly as described – breaded chicken breast on top of a waffle with a buffalo sauce.
- Mac & Jack – Macaroni and Monterey Jack cheese scattered with crispy onions and jalapeno chilies.
- Smokehouse BBQ Pork Wedges – skin-on potato wedges topped with pulled pork in a sweet and smoky BBQ sauce.
- Chili Beef Wedges – slow cooked ground beef chili con carne with skin-on potato wedges, topped with mature cheddar and jalapeno rings that sting.
- Penne, Pepperoni & Chicken Melt – penne pasta topped with spicy pepperoni and tomato sauce with pulled chicken and a cheddar cheese melt top.
From the Ultimate Burger and Smokehouse BBQ Pork Wedges to Mack & Jack and six other menu pleasers inspired by trend-setting American flavour favorites, the Shack is open for business at Iceland Foods stores in the United Kingdom. Kerry Foods new Shack brand ready meals and side dishes are exclusively available at the frozen food specialty chain’s 864 outlets.
Shack offerings are promoted as “big on taste” and they “don’t mess around with portion size.” Priced at £2 to £2.50 and weighing in at between 300 and 550 grams, the four “easy eats” (side dishes) and five main meals may be served for individual consumption or during shared dining occasions.
“In the crowded frozen ready meal market, the role of brands is critical to help drive the sector. Innovation and ‘premiumization’ is key to delivering growth and the Shack delivers on both with its on-trend products, eye-catching packaging, and a market first with dips included in the packs,” said Charlotte Bourne, senior brand manager at Kerry Foods.
Here are product details for the main meals:
Here’s the “Great Big Easy Eats” menu:
The launch is being supported by #ShareTheShack, a sampling road show outside Iceland retail units and at universities, as well as online and point of sale promotions and a public relations campaign.