Moe’s, Kellogg Partner in Southwest Breakfast Bowls Debut
- Chorizo & Eggs – Spicy and zesty, this combination serves up a blend of fluffy eggs, cilantro lime rice, hormone-free pork chorizo and black beans; pico de gallo and queso sauce topping take it to another level.
- Chorizo Benedict – Mild in spice, intense in flavor, this bowl boasts eggs, Yukon gold potatoes, hormone-free pork chorizo, pico de gallo, jalapeno lime hollandaise and avocado.
- Southwest Vegetarian – This meat-free offering has 12 grams of protein and features fluffy eggs, pinto and black beans, cilantro lime rice, salsa verde, roasted tomatillo salsa fresco, queso fresco and avocado.
- Chicken Chilaquiles – Medium kick with 17 grams of protein, this dish features eggs with hormone-free pulled chicken atop a bed of tortilla chips and pinto beans, with salsa, queso and cilantro.
- Huevos Rancheros – Featuring a fried egg, corn tortilla and black beans, this bowl provides 14 grams of protein and mild spice with salsa rojo, pico de gallo, queso fresco on top.
Moe's Southwest Grill, the Atlanta, Georgia-headquartered fast-casual restaurant chain that menus made-to-order Southwestern USA-style cuisine, is bringing its bold flavors to the frozen food aisles of supermarkets and food stores nationwide. This first-ever grocery line of breakfast products, Moe's Breakfast Bowls, was developed with Kellogg Company.
Founded in 2000, Moe’s is best known for burritos packed with a choice of more than 20 ingredients. The menu also features kid's, vegetarian and low-calorie options, all served with chips and salsa. The frozen line of Moe’s Breakfast Bowls contain a minimum of 12 grams of protein and feature meats raised without hormones and have no artificial flavors or colors.
Now available at stores including Walmart, Giant Eagle and Wegman's, and coming to Kroger, HEB and other major retail outlets in July, are five varieties that each carry a suggested price of $4.49:
"We are thrilled to increase access to the delicious experience of Moe's through the debut of Moe's Breakfast Bowls at supermarkets nationwide," said Kat Cole, chief operating officer and president of FOCUS Brands, the parent company of Moe’s. "The Southwest flavor profile is growing in appeal, but until now, not widely available in the breakfast category."
"This is an awesome opportunity to expand our brand and bring options to consumers looking for satisfying morning meals that are also big on flavor and quality," said Bruce Schroder, president of Moe's Southwest Grill.
Battle Creek, Michigan-headquartered Kellogg manufactures the range.The company is ranked as the world’s leading cereal company and second biggest producer of crackers and savory snacks. It is also a major packer frozen food products, including Eggo waffles, pancakes, french toast and breakfast sandwiches; Morning Star vegetarian food; and Gardenburger Veggie Burgers. In all, Kellogg offers more than 1,600 food product SKUs and rang up sales of approximately $13 billion last year.