Farm Rich Adds Three More Party Pleasers to Snack Range
- Pimento Cheese is affectionately known as “The Caviar of the South.” (PorterBriggs.com)
- The Mexican tortilla is now so ingrained in American cuisine that it is no longer considered an "ethnic" food. (DonQuijote.org)
- Approximately 500 million avocados were sold at retail during 2016 public holidays and events. (Hass Avocado Board)
- A recent survey of American tailgaters revealed 42 percent spends more than $500 a season on food and supplies. (Tailgating.com)
- 75 percent of American football fans purchase salty-style snacks for game time consumption. (Fieldagent.net)
- 46 percent of people admit to double dipping at parties. (Punchbowl.com)
Farm Rich has added three premium products to its snack and appetizer portfolio. Especially made to appeal to sports enthusiasts at football game day gatherings as well as other party participants and festive holiday revelers, the newly introduced Avocado Slices, Pimento Cheese Bites and Fiesta Chicken Roll Ups are now available in frozen food cabinets and freezer cases at select grocery stores across the USA.
Shannon Gilreath, director of marketing for the St. Simons Island, Georgia-based subsidiary of Rich Products Corporation, is promoting the lineup as a great “snack play” for the football season.
“When it comes to game day grabs and party platters, consumers are looking for options that still feel familiar,” she said. “Fall means football and that means lots of fun game day food. These new restaurant-quality offerings satisfy the cravings you never knew you had, and are fun to break out on game day. They may also be enjoyed as a wholesome solo snack to eat anytime.”
Playing off Farm Rich’s southern heritage, the Pimento Cheese Bites are made with South Carolina’s popular Palmetto Cheese. The snacks feature a real cheddar and pimento combination coated in a crisp, golden breading. The 15-oz. carton comes with a 3-oz. red pepper jelly dipping sauce.
Fiesta Chicken Roll Ups are hand made in Mexico with roasted white meat chicken, chipotle seasoning and three types of jack cheeses – all rolled into a flour tortilla with a crispy seasoned coating for extra flavor. Hitting stores just in time for September’s National Chicken Month, the 13.6-oz. packs include a 4-oz. tangy, cool Baja-style dip.
Avocado Slices, promoted as “the first frozen super food snack of its kind,” are cut from premium whole Hass avocados and tossed in a potato stick coating flavored with ancho chili pepper. The 16-oz. carton comes with a 3-oz. side of creamy Jalapeño Ranch dipping sauce.
Priced at around $5.99, all three products are currently on sale at Meijer and Walmart stores throughout the United States. Distribution will be further expanded to Kroger stores in November.