Unilever Rolls Out Sweet 16 Frozen Treats in USA Market
- Popsicle Star Wars Ice Pops are inspired by the iconic lightsabers in the Star Wars films, and come in three fruit flavors: First Order Cherry, Blue Raspberry Resistance and Galactic Watermelon.
- Popsicle Despicable Me Minions Ice Pops are inspired by Minion characters and come in two flavors: Compai Blue Raspberry and Bello Yellow Lemonade.
- Popsicle Sours are refreshing ice pops with bold, sour flavors and bright colors.
- Popsicle Banana and Lemon-Lime are ice pops featuring Banana and Lemon-Lime flavors.
- Cinnamon Swirl couples real cinnamon sugar and signature vanilla.
- Chocolate Mint is a rich dark chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips swirled with mint ice cream. Its crisp, real mint extract complements the bold chocolate.
- Butterscotch Blondie features sweet blondie pieces scattered throughout subtle vanilla ice cream to bring out the brown sugar and buttery flavors of butterscotch.
- Cookie Dough is a combination of sweet cream gelato paired with a rich fudge swirl and gourmet chocolate chip cookie dough pieces.
- Pistachio Biscotti features pistachio-flavored gelato with a rich pistachio swirl and gourmet biscotti.
- Cinnamon Roll blends creamy vanilla-cinnamon gelato with indulgent cinnamon sugar and a gourmet baked cinnamon topping.
- Double Cookies & Cream, made with cookies and cream ice cream, chocolate cookie sauce, and a crackling coating featuring rich Belgian chocolate and more cookie pieces.
- Double Chocolate Hazelnut is promoted as the perfect balance of chocolate hazelnut ice cream, decadent hazelnut sauce, and a crackling coating made with Belgian chocolate.
Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey-headquartered Unilever United States, Inc. is unveiling 16 more frozen treats across five of its brands at grocery stores this summer: Breyers, Good Humor, Klondike, Magnum Ice Cream and Popsicle. The new offerings include Breyers’ first-ever, non-dairy products made with almond milk; a Simply Popsicle line featuring colors and flavors from natural sources; and more options that appeal to a variety of tastes and preferences from Good Humor, Klondike and Magnum Ice Cream.
"Through our research, we know consumers' taste and preferences evolve over time," said Alfie Vivian, the company’s vice president of marketing. "It's important to give our customers more of what they love and provide new offerings that satisfy different tastes, preferences and dietary needs.”
Unilever aims to do just that with this innovative lineup:
Simply Popsicle Ice Pops
Popsicle, the “original summertime treat,” has been iconic to children of all ages since 1905. This summer, the brand introduces Simply Popsicle, an ice pop made with cane sugar and with flavors and colors from natural sources. The new range contains no high-fructose corn syrup and has only 40 calories per pop. Featured varieties, distributed in four different packs containing 18 pops, are: Strawberry-Banana and Mango; Berry and Pineapple; Orange, Cherry, Grape; Strawberry and Raspberry.
Consumers can also find new limited edition Popsicle pops teaming up with some of their favorite epic movie characters and flavors. This year, new varieties include:
Non-Dairy Breyers Treats
Breyers has introduced two non-dairy options. Its Vanilla Peanut Butter offering is made with non-GMO sourced almond milk, real vanilla and peanut butter, while Oreo Cookies & Cream features a combination of Oreo cookies and vanilla.
Meanwhile, six of the brand’s longtime favorite flavors are now made with non-GMO sourced ingredients, namely: Breyers Natural Vanilla; Chocolate; Vanilla, Chocolate; Natural Strawberry; Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry; and Mint Chocolate Chip.
In addition, Breyers is launching three new flavors to its original line with more than 30 varieties to choose from:
Breyers Gelato Indulgences launched in 2014 with its trio of textures: creamy gelato, luscious sauce and gourmet toppings. This summer, three new indulgent flavors are joining the range:
Good Humor Oreo Cones
Good Humor has been reimagining America's favorite candies and desserts as delicious frozen treats for more than 95 years. Whether on sticks, as sandwiches or on cones, the brand features a variety of frozen treats that are popular among multiple generations of consumers.
This year, Good Humor has partnered with the nation’s #1 cookie to bring a new variety from the ice cream truck to the grocery store. Oreo Cone, distributed in four-packs, is a crispy chocolate cone filled with vanilla frozen dessert, blended and topped with Oreo pieces.
New Klondike Bar
Famous for the original Klondike bar and varieties like the Choco Taco, Klondike is expanding its line of classic, stick-less bars to include 14 varieties of loaded ice cream in a chocolaty shell with the launch of the Brownie Fudge Swirl. It features gooey, fudgy swirls churned through rich chocolate ice cream covered in thick milk-chocolaty perfection.
Magnum Adds Two Varieties
Following the launch of two successful varieties in 2016, Magnum Ice Cream is expanding its Doubles ice cream line with two additional varieties boasting two layers of decadent chocolate around a layer of sauce: