Vegetarian Fare is 30% of Aramark’s Back to School Menu
- Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza – topped with roasted Buffalo cauliflower, mozzarella cheese, diced celery, crumbly blue and Buffalo ranch dressing.
Pineapple Chipotle Black Bean Burger – vegan black bean burger topped with pineapple salsa, lettuce, tomato and chipotle mayonnaise on a whole grain bun.
- Vegan Chick'n Tagine – Moroccan vegan stew with vegetables, chickpeas, raisins, olives, almonds, and savory tomato broth.
- Overnight Apples 'N' Oats – oats with nonfat Greek yogurt, fresh apples, dried cranberries, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Beet & Lentil Burger – shredded beets blended with lentils, brown rice, onion, garlic and spices.
- Lentil Falafel Pita Cone – pita cone filled with crispy lentil falafel, lettuce, tomato, diced cucumber and tzatziki sauce.
- Vegan Mayonnaise – Aquafaba, the creamy and tangy ingredient making now waves on the vegan scene, has now been incorporated into Aramark's menu. It will be used in salad dressings, condiments, slaws and more.
Serving more than three million students at higher education institutions across the USA, Aramark is increasingly introducing plant-based dishes and meals especially formulated for consumers with dietary restrictions as well as those adhering to special diets.
Present on more than 500 college and university campuses, the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-headquartered foodservice facilities specialist excels at catering to the culinary curiosity and appetites of Generation Z college students (those born between the mid-1990s and mid-2000s). Its team of more than 500 chefs and registered dietitians has developed tasty menu items using flavors from around the world that utilize healthy, authentic ingredients.
"They keep their fingers on the pulse of students' on-campus dining preferences. That knowledge, coupled with keen appreciation of current food trends, provides solid direction for menu planning during the upcoming school year," said Pat Boggs, president of Aramark's Higher Education business. "With 64% of students agreeing that healthy eating is an important part of their lives, it was important that health be a driving force behind what's new on campus this fall."
Vegetarian and vegan items account for more than 30% of the main dishes on menus of the colleges and universities that Aramark serves. Among plant-based recipes developed for consumers looking for meatless options are: