McDonald's HQ Restaurant in Chicago Features Global Menu
- The Mighty Angus Burger from Canada, a 1/3 lb. burger in a glazed poppy and sesame seed bun, topped with lettuce, onion cheese and bacon and smoky angus sauce
- The McSpicy Chicken Sandwich from Hong Kong, a spicy breaded, deeply marinated fried chicken breast presented in a classic sesame seed bun with lettuce
- Cheese & Bacon Loaded Fries from Australia, served with warm melted cheese and crispy bacon bits
- The Mozza Salad from France, a balsamic dressed pasta salad with roasted tomatoes, served with mozzarella cheese, arugula leaves, choice of crispy or grilled chicken and a breadstick
- The Manhattan Salad from France, a mix of lettuces, baby kale, romaine and spring lettuce topped with grape tomatoes, dried cranberries and sliced apples, served with choice of crispy or grilled chicken and a breadstick
- The McFlurry Prestígio from Brazil, vanilla soft serve ice cream, mixed with strawberry sauce and chocolate covered coconut bites
From Canada’s Mighty Angus Burger to the Cheese & Bacon Loaded Fries from Australia, McDonald’s is now serving up menu favorites from around the world in a one-of-a-kind global inspired restaurant on the ground floor of its new corporate headquarters opening later this spring in Chicago’s West Loop neighborhood.
The restaurant features a rotating choice of international favorites as well as classic items including the Big Mac, Quarter Pounder with Cheese, Chicken McNuggets and french fries. Furthermore, a Latin American-style dessert center offers sweet treats from that region as well as from other parts of the planet. Additionally, trained baristas pour freshly made coffee in an Australian McCafé area.
“As part of our new headquarters, we wanted to provide our customers with an exciting way to experience our global menu right here in Chicago,” said Steve Easterbrook, the company’s president and chief executive officer.
The restaurant’s menu will rotate regularly with new global menu offerings. The initial lineup includes:
The more than 6,000-square-foot restaurant is another of McDonald’s “Experience of the Future” (EOTF) units and features modern global-inspired interiors, an ever-changing wall map with Golden Arches that illuminate when an item from a specific country is featured on the menu, outdoor seating for patrons to enjoy in the warmer months, enhanced customer experiences with table service, mobile order and payment and McDelivery with Uber Eats.
McDonald’s EOTF restaurants are designed to dramatically transform the customer experience with more convenience, personalization and choice. The chain plans to transform most of its units in the United States to ETOF restaurants by 2020.
“This is an exciting time for McDonald’s and the city of Chicago,” said owner-operator Nick Karavites. “As a Chicago native who has grown up in the McDonald’s business, I’m proud to add the new headquarters restaurant to my organization.”
The restaurant precedes the opening of McDonald’s Headquarters later this spring at 110 N. Carpenter Street in Sterling Bay’s newly planned development. The nine-story headquarters will house McDonald’s corporate offices and Hamburger University, one of seven worldwide locations that provide state-of-the-art training for the company’s future leaders and employees.