#GetFried Fry Café Expands Operations in USA and Egypt
- Houston, Texas – #getfried will debut a kiosk at the end of December at the Deerbrook Mall in the northern suburb of Humble. The franchise will be run by Shahid Mahmood, a Pakistan native with nearly 30 years of entrepreneurial experience.
- Santa Clara, California – In early January, #getfried will debut a brick-and-mortar restaurant at 4300 Great America Parkway with franchisees Robert and Lynette Crum. Robert spent several years as the head chef at Il Fornaio restaurant in San Jose, and has a background in commercial restaurant equipment.
- Austin, Texas – University of Texas at Austin's campus will see #getfried open in the Dobie Mall food hall in early January. The unit will be run by franchisee Drew Travis. In addition, a second unit is scheduled to open in mid-2018 through a separate franchise agreement with Wayne Anderson.
- San Antonio, Texas – In early January, #getfried will open a kiosk at the North Star Mall in San Antonio by a local couple with years of business and restaurant experience. Diana Popescu and Alex Miralda are currently running the #getfried food trailer throughout San Antonio. Previously, Miralda worked as a manager at Fuddruckers.
- Dallas, Texas – Deep Ellum will soon be home to a #getfried location, which is expected to open early 2018 at 2656 Main Street in Dallas. The store will be run by entrepreneur Muhammad Abdullah and will be a brick-and-mortar location in "The Corner Building."
- Cairo, Egypt - After successfully testing the #getfried model in Egypt this summer with two mobile units, Premiere Food Services, an international foodservice company, has also signed a 10-unit agreement to bring more #getfried locations to the country over the next three years. A brick-and-mortar store is scheduled to open this winter in Cairo.
A relatively new quick-serve restaurant franchise that offers a variety of topped french fries and finger foods, doing business as #getfried Fry Café, is reporting steady growth throughout the United States and beyond with locations currently under development in Texas, California and Egypt.
The Buffalo, New York-headquartered company specializes in French-Canadian inspired poutine-style dishes featuring topped french fries, all of which start with one of six styles of potato cuts including coated straight cuts, seasoned waffle, curly and funnel fries. Each is personalized with one of more than 20 sauces, seasonings and protein options.
In addition to signature baskets including the “716” (made with shredded chicken, buffalo sauce and blue cheese), the “Southern Comfort” (pulled pork or chicken drizzled with wood fired barbecue sauce) and the “Rocky Balboa” (a Philly-style thin-sliced sirloin steak specialty with sautéed onions, sweet peppers and melted cheese), other finger food offerings on the menu are Waffle Fry Sliders and Chicken Fingers.
Recently introduced Dutch-style frites are served in a paper cone with a choice of 14 dipping sauces including basil pesto mayo, a nod to the culture that inspired the concept.
Growth in the coming months will be driven by multiple new franchise agreements, which include operations at the following locations:
"We are excited to introduce the #getfried experience into new markets across the country and internationally," said Chris Covelli, founder of the franchise business. "We are carving out a unique niche in the quick-serve segment. Fast-casual, customizable restaurant concepts are becoming more popular among consumers, especially millennials, and we know that #getfried intersects the ubiquity of the hashtag with America's love affair with french fries."
Since early 2016, #getfried has franchised 23 units, nine of which will be open by the end of 2017. The quick-serve chain is focused on domestic expansion, specifically targeting college towns and campuses and major cities such as Las Vegas, Atlanta, Miami and New York City.