March Frozen Food Month in Full Swing Across United States
- Single-serve and small plate options offer guaranteed portion control.
Little preparation is required, as the picking, cleaning, slicing and dicing have already been done.
- Flash-freezing technology delivers “perfect preservation,” freezing at the peak of freshness, right from the field or sea.
- Favorite foods are always in season.
- Eco-friendly packaging keeps frozen foods fresher longer and retains more nutrients.
- New brands and product lines are aligned with current health trends.
- No spoilage or food waste – use what is needed and put the rest back in the freezer. This saves money in the bargain!
March is National Frozen Food Month in the USA, which means that special price offers and deals galore are in store at freezer aisles in supermarkets from coast to coast. In celebration of the promotion, the National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA) is sponsoring a $10,000 Sweepstakes.
Frozen foods have come a long way since being introduced to American consumers in 1930 by Clarence Birdseye. Many retail stores today feature over 3,000 quality products to satisfy most any appetite or dietary requirement – including vegetarian, organic, ethnic and gluten-free. And much of what one finds in display cabinets has been developed and prepared by accomplished chefs in test kitchens using real ingredients and rigorously evaluated by nutritionists and dietitians.
Why Choose Frozen?
The benefits of choosing frozen products are many, according the NFRA, which lists the following among them:
About the NFRA
Headquartered in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, the National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association is a non-profit trade group representing all segments of the frozen and refrigerated foods industry. In addition to March Frozen Food Month, NFRA sponsors national promotions including June Dairy Month and June/July Ice Cream & Novelties Months. It also provides consumer information such as food safety guidelines, meal preparation tips, recipes and sweepstakes opportunities through its Easy Home Meals consumer website and social media platforms.