Red, White & Blue Summerfest at Red Lobster Restaurants
- Lobster and Shrimp Overboard: Stuffed Maine lobster tail, garlic‐grilled jumbo shrimp skewer, Langostino Lobster and Shrimp Caprese Pasta, plus hand‐battered jumbo shrimp.
- Coastal Lobster and Shrimp: Wood‐grilled Maine lobster tail, summer ale BBQ‐grilled jumbo shrimp skewer and panko‐crusted red shrimp, served with a Meyer lemon aioli.
- Langostino Lobster and Shrimp Caprese Pasta: Wild‐caught langostino lobster with shrimp, tossed in a warm tomato cream sauce with cavatappi pasta, roasted tomatoes, mozzarella and basil.
- Grilled Lobster and Red Shrimp: Wood‐grilled Maine lobster tail, paired with a garlic‐grilled skewer of wild‐caught jumbo Argentine red shrimp.
- Seaport Lobster and Shrimp: Wood‐grilled Maine lobster tail, hand‐crafted garlic shrimp scampi and a jumbo garlic‐grilled shrimp skewer.
For those Americans not inclined to feast on barbecued burgers, hot dogs, steaks, chops, spareribs or chicken as part of their July 4th Independence Day celebration (the original Brexit bash), Red Lobster restaurants offered a tempting seafood dining alternative. The chain’s Lobster & Shrimp Summerfest, which will continue through August, features five entrees, two new drinks and a dessert that are all infused with seasonal flavors to savor.
The line-up of dishes includes preparations of lobster and shrimp, including summer ale BBQ sauce, panko-crusted red shrimp and wood-grilled flavors. The limited-time menu boasts:
“Summer is all about exploring and trying new things, so we wanted to offer guests different types of lobster and shrimp prepared in ways that capture the tastes of the season,” said Heidi Lane, Red Lobster’s senior chef. “The Lobster and Shrimp Overboard dish is one of my favorites because it features the most new seafood preparations all on one plate. You really can’t find variety like that anywhere else.”
A summer meal is even better when complemented by a refreshing beverage or sweet treat for dessert, added Lane. Red Lobster’s new Berry Bootlegger features muddled blackberries, gin, sour and cranberry juice, while the new Sail Away Sangria blends Jam Jar sweet white wine and vodka with a mix of cranberry, mango and passion fruit juices.
Last not least, there’s the new Homemade Berry Shore-Cake dessert. It is a light and buttery shortcake that’s filled with berries and served with vanilla ice cream.
About Red Lobster Seafood Co.
Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Red Lobster is the world's largest seafood restaurant operator. It employs approximately 58,000 people who work at over 700 restaurants in North America and elsewhere around the world. Privately owned by Golden Gate Capital, the company focuses on serving seafood, much of which is sourced from around the world in frozen form, at reasonable prices.