Food for Progress Puts Oumph! in London’s Vegan Life Live
- Top-selling Pulled Oumph! This offering features chunks in a flavorful BBQ sauce suited for taco filling or burger topping.
- Oumph! Kebab Spiced. Strips seasoned with a classic kebab spice mix. All one has to do is add vegetables and sauces to create a plant-based kebab.
- Oumph! Thyme & Garlic. Chunks seasoned with garlic and thyme.
- Oumph! The Chunk. This option is unseasoned for folks who like to add their own herbs, spices and impart signature creativity to a dish. The Chunk contains only soya beans, water and a little salt.
- Oumph! Salty & Smoky. With its salty, smoky and slightly sweet taste, this one is positioned as a “perfect partner for brunch, served with American pancakes, or in a bagel.”
- Oumph! Pizza. Plant-based pizza topped with Oumph! and vegetables, herbs, organic spices and vegan cheese. The base is hand-stretched and baked in a wood-fired brick oven.
Oumph!, the award-winning plant-based frozen food brand, will host the show kitchen March 9-10 at Vegan Life Live in London's Alexandra Palace as the event’s official kitchen sponsor. Chefs Fredrik Kämpenberg and Peter Segerblom will be cooking alongside a number of guests, showcasing the versatility of Oumph! products distributed by Mjölby, Sweden-based Food for Progress.
Guest chefs will include a number of popular vegan bloggers and social media influencers, as well as TV chef and School of Wok founder Jeremy Pang, Thai chef Pui from Busaba restaurants, and Sam Platt, cookery school manager at The Vegetarian Society.
"We are pleased to have so many excellent guest chefs joining our own team at the event," said Henrik Åkerman, marketing director at Oumph! and Food for Progress. "We’re looking forward to sharing really tasty and inspiring dishes with the audience, as part of driving the green protein shift forward."
Vegan Life Live Director Julie Saunders added: “It is such an exciting time for veganism, as more and more people see the many benefits of a plant-based diet. We’re thrilled to be working with Oumph! at Vegan Life Live. They are paving the way and showing how easy plant-based living can be.”
Vegan Life Live is one of the largest lifestyle shows of its kind in the United Kingdom. The show is a celebration of vegan food, fashion and eco living. Around 17,000 people are expected to attend this year.
Among gluten- and dairy-free frozen products from Oumph!, made from soya beans and organic herb and spice mixes, are:
About the Product Line
Oumph! is versatile and easy to cook, which makes it suitable for home cooks as well as foodservice operators. It’s suitable to grill, boil, sauté, deep-fry or heat over an open fire. In addition, it is high in protein and fiber, as well as a good source of iron and folic acid.
Since being launched in Sweden and other Nordic countries in 2015, it has become popular with a wide clientele including families, millennials, foodies, chefs and fast food loving flexitarians and vegans.
In its first year on the market Oumph! scored category growth of 24% in Sweden and 22% in Norway, respectively.
The brand launched at Whole Foods Market in the United Kingdom in September of 2017, in Tesco in March of 2018, and in Holland & Barrett in October of this year.In Nordic countries Oumph! is a staple on vegan menus in restaurants and fast food chains such as Max Hamburger (Sweden), O’Leary’s Sports Bars (Sweden) and Peppe’s Pizza (Norway).