Churro ice cream products are now available for a limited time at Carvel outlets and food delivery platforms in the United States. Offerings in the new lineup, featuring a twist of the cinnamon and sugar churro flavor with the creamy indulgence of soft ice cream, are priced starting at $3.29.
“If we could bottle up the warm, happy feelings people experience in the summer and turn that into ice cream treats, it would taste just like our new Churro flavor,” said Nicolle DuBose, vice president and chief marketing officer of the Atlanta, Georgia-based Carvel Ice Cream Shoppes franchise owned by Focus Brands.
In addition to the debut of Churro ice cream, Carvel is introducing a new crunchie flavor – Churro Crunchies. The product features crispy vanilla crunch coated in a sweet vanilla bonnet shell with the cinnamon and sugar flavors of a Churro. Crunchies are known as Carvel’s special blend of chocolate crunch coated with a rich chocolate bonnet shell, and they’re an integral part of the brand’s history, best known for being layered within Carvel’s ice cream cakes.
Customers can get their Churro fix with Carvel’s combination of new products and a few offerings to create a cool summer mashup. For example:
• Churro Crunchies to-Go – Vanilla crunchies coated with the cinnamon and sugar flavors of a Churro
• Churro Shake – Churro soft ice cream blended with cinnamon and sugar Churro Crunchies
• Churro Sundae Dasher – Churro soft serve with layers of Churro Crunchies and cinnamon and sugar mini-Churro pieces, topped with whipped cream and caramel
• Churro Flying Saucers Rolled in Churro Crunchies – Flying Saucer crackers filled with Churro soft ice cream rolled in cinnamon and sugar Churro Crunchies
• Churro Soft Serve Ice Cream – Carvel’s soft serve blended with the cinnamon and sugar flavors of a Churro
• Churro Scooped Ice Cream – Classic soft ice cream swirled with the cinnamon and sugar flavors of a Churro, caramel, and mini-Churro pieces