Conagra Brands, one of North America’s leading branded food companies, has kicked off the summer season with an array of additions to its frozen product portfolio ranging from meals and side dishes to bowls, pot pies and plant-based offerings.
A synopsis of the Chicago-headquartered company’s “fresh look at frozen” follows.
• Healthy Choice Zero: These keto-friendly meals contain less than 10g net carbohydrates and no added sugar. Smart carb swaps like zoodles and riced cauliflower are part of a flavorful collection of meals that includes Tomato Basil Chicken, Carne Asada, Sesame Chicken with Zoodles and Verde Chicken.
• Healthy Choice Max: 40% larger than regular Healthy Choice Power Bowls, these hearty entrees deliver 33-34g of satiating protein. Flavors include Tex Mex Chicken, Lemon Herb Chicken and Honey Sriracha Chicken.
• Banquet Mega Pizzas: New Mega Double Stuffed Pizza under the Banquet label will not disappoint big appetites. Three flavors on offer are Three Cheese, Pepperoni and Four Meat.
• Marie Callender’s Pot Pie with a Crust made with Cauliflower: Cauliflower sales were up 40% between 2016 and 2019,i and now Marie Callender’s is bringing a new twist to a comfort food classic, with Chicken Pot Pies featuring a crust made with cauliflower.
• Hungry Man Double Chicken and Double Meat Bowls: Designed to satisfy a robust appetite, these new 15 oz. bowls are protein-packed with two patties of Chipotle Chicken, Boneless Pork with BBQ Sauce, or Smothered Salisbury Steak.
The Fun Side of Vegetables
The Birds Eye brand has debuted five new meals and sides that are convenient to prepare and serve, as described below.
• Stir Fry: Stir fry night can be any night, thanks to Teriyaki and Sesame Garlic premium vegetable medleys combined with Asian-inspired sauces.
• Oven Roasters: A simple way to eliminate time-consuming prep work, these seasoned vegetables are ready to roast. Parmesan Peppercorn Cauliflower and Zesty Ranch Broccoli can be enjoyed in just 20 minutes.
• Skillets: These premium cut vegetables paired with sauces bring restaurant-quality flavor to the skillet at home. Options include Garlic Butter Green Beans, Sesame Broccoli, White Wine Mushrooms and Balsamic Brussels Sprouts.
• Rainbow Cauliflower: White, orange, green and purple cauliflower florets add a splash of color to any plate and are ready in minutes in a Steamfresh bag.
• Sheet Pan Meals: All the deliciousness of a sheet pan meal, without the messy prep. Four new flavors – Chicken with Garlic Parmesan Potatoes, Italian Sausage with Peppers, Chicken with Balsamic Flavored Sweet Potatoes, and Chicken with Rosemary Brown Butter Potatoes – are made for enjoying family style.
Gardein Adds More Favorites to the Menu
As more consumers seek plant-based foods, Gardein continues to expand its portfolio with new offerings.
• Ultimate Plant-Based Chick’n: This line-up of filets, tenders and nuggets looks, cooks and tastes like fried chicken.
• Ultimate Veggie Burgers: Promoted as a “flavorful trio of veggie burgers truly satisfies,” the new Ultimate Black Bean Burger is made from black beans, quinoa, cauliflower, red bell peppers and avocado puree. The Ultimate Chickpea Burger bursts with Italian flavor, with garbanzo beans, sweet potatoes and leafy greens. And the Ultimate Falafel Burger takes its cue from Mediterranean street food with chickpeas and a four-vegetable blend.