Dreyer’s Ice Cream Company’s Outshine fruit bars brand is launching the first national line of frozen fruit bars in the United States that combines fruit and vegetable ingredients. The range, called “Fruit and Veggie bars,” features five flavors: Blueberry Medley, Tangerine Carrot, Apple and Greens, Peach Mango Medley and Strawberry Rhubarb. The assortment also includes a 12-count multi-pack featuring Strawberry Rhubarb, Tangerine.
“We wanted to add a unique twist to our namesake fruit bars with fruit and vegetable combinations in delicious, complementary flavors,” said Kerry Hopkins, Outshine brand manager. “By adding vegetables to our recipes in this new line, we have created distinct flavor profiles that are a tasty way to include vegetables in one’s diet.”
Each Fruit and Veggie bar has 35-60 calories and at least 25% vegetables from purees and juices, so consumers can feel good knowing they’re enjoying a healthy snack. Here is a synopsis of the flavor profiles:
- Blueberry Medley, which contains puree or juice from beets, blueberries, pears, apples, and sweet potatoes, is an excellent source of vitamin C.
- Tangerine Carrot, which feature puree or juice from apples, carrots, pears, tangerines, and pumpkins, is an good source of vitamins A, C and K.
- Apple and Greens, which contains puree or juice from pumpkins, mangoes, pineapples, apples, bananas and kiwis, kale and spinach, is an excellent source of vitamin C, as well as a good source of vitamins A and K.
- Peach Mango Medley, which contains puree or juice from peaches, pears, sweet potatoes, carrots, mangoes and butternut squash, and is an good source of vitamin C, as well vitamins A and E.
- Strawberry Rhubarb, which contains puree or juice from pears, apples, strawberries, pumpkins, rhubarb, cranberries, carrots and beets, and is an excellent source of vitamin C.
Headquaratered in Oakland, California, Dreyer’s Ice Cream Company is part of Nestlé USA, and is owned by Nestlé S.A. It manufactures, markets and distributes a full spectrum of ice cream and frozen snacks. Premium products are sold under the Dreyer’s brand name throughout the Western states and Texas, and under the Edy’s brand name throughout the remainder of the United States.
Brands manufactured or distributed in the United States include Dreyer’s/Edy’s Grand, Slow Churned, Dibs, Outshine, Nestle Crunch, Drumstick Butterfinger, Toll House, Push-Up, Frosty Paws, Eskimo Pie, Skinny Cow and Haagen-Dazs. Internationally, the Dreyer’s brand extends to select markets in the East Asia and the Edy’s brand extends to the Caribbean and South America.