New York City-based Beyond Better Foods has unveiled two new innovations in low-carbohydrate desserts, including the first keto-friendly Cheesecakes and Dough Bites, under its Enlightened brand name. Both are now being stocked in supermarket and grocery store freezer cabinets and cases across the USA.
Enlightened’s collection of keto cheesecakes launched on September 29. Each rich and creamy offering contains only two grams net carbs and no added sugar. The desserts come in a pack of two ready-to-eat mini cheesecakes and are available in five flavors, as follows:
- Classic: Original New York style cheesecake with a vanilla almond crust, topped with whipped cream
- Chocolate: Chocolate cheesecake with chocolate almond crust, topped with whipped cream
- Strawberry: Original New York style cheesecake with a vanilla almond crust and a strawberry jam filling, topped with strawberry cream
- Pumpkin: Pumpkin cheesecake with a vanilla almond crust, topped with whipped cream
- Caramel Chocolate: Caramel cheesecake with a chocolate almond crust, topped with chocolate chips and caramel cream
Meanwhile, snackable keto cookie dough and brownie dough bites are gluten-free, 90-110 calories per serving, free of added sugar and require no baking. They can be enjoyed straight from the freezer in five flavors:
- Chocolate Chip: Classic chocolate chip cookie dough, as featured in Enlightened Caramel Chocolate Double Dough ice cream
- Birthday Cake: Birthday cake cookie dough with rainbow sprinkles
- Fudge: Rich, chocolatey fudge brownie dough, as featured in Enlightened P.B. Cookie & Brownie Dough ice cream
- Peanut Butter: Peanut butter cookie dough with chocolate chips
- Snickerdoodle: Sugar cookie dough with cinnamon spice
“Creating new ways for people to enjoy dessert without compromising on taste or nutrition has always been part of our brand DNA,” said Michael Shoretz, Enlightened’s founder and chief executive officer. “In terms of new product innovation, 2020 is the biggest year in our company’s history. We introduced our Fruit Infusions in the spring, and, now, we’re thrilled to welcome low-carb cheesecakes and dough bites to our expanding portfolio of low-sugar treats.”
The suggested retail price for Cheesecakes is $5.99, while Dough Bites are offered at $4.49 at retail outlets nationwide and online.