St. Simons Island, Georgia-based Farm Rich has just launched six new products, including the first frozen Grilled Cheese Sticks available in the USA and three new microwaveable hickory-smoked hand-pulled pork offerings. A synopsis of the offerings, now available in the freezer aisles of Walmart, Food Lion, Meijer and other grocery stores, follows:
- Grilled Cheese Sticks. Americans eat approximately 2.2 billion grilled cheese sandwiches a year, according to the NPD Group. Made with American cheese on toasted white bread, Farm Rich’s Grilled Cheese Sticks are a good source of protein and can be quickly microwaved. They’re priced at $6.99 per 17-oz. carton.
- Sweet Onion Jam Sauced Meatballs with Bacon. This limited edition item should be popular with holiday party makers and celebrants. Hints of smoky bacon complement a tangy jam sauce made especially for savory and sweet meatballs. The bite-sized product follows the introduction of Farm Rich’s Grape Chili Sauced Meatballs last year. Priced at just under $7, each 32-oz. bag contains about 42 meatballs and an 11-oz. sauce pouch.
- Hand Pulled Pork Sliders. Packed with 13 grams of protein per serving, the new handheld sliders are a filling snack, game day grab or satisfying main course option. They feature hickory-smoked pork with a crafted sweet and spicy BBQ sauce on a soft roll. A six-pack carton sells for $5.98.
- Hand Pulled Pork in Honey Bourbon BBQ Sauce. Hardwood-smoked for eight hours and covered with a honey bourbon BBQ sauce, the gluten-free pork can be warmed in an oven or microwaved. Each 16-oz. carton is priced at around $5.98.
- Pork BBQ and Sauce with Chorizo Style Seasoning. A 16-oz. carton of authentic, hand pulled pork comes with Chorizo-style seasoning and sell for approximately $5.98. Also free of gluten, the pork is slow-cooked at the Farm Rich BBQ facility in Gallatin, Tennessee.
- Bean Dip Bites. Joining the brand’s successful restaurant-style Special Edition Snacks line, this product is made with 100% Mozzarella cheese, pinto beans, red and green jalapeños, diced tomatoes and green onions – all enrobed in a crunchy coating. Priced at around $6.99, each 16-oz. carton comes with a creamy salsa dipping sauce.
Noting that the new offerings were inspired by the adventurous palates of shoppers and their request for quicker meal solutions, Shannon Gilreath, Farm Rich Director of Marketing, stated: “Customers are showing more and more interest in bold flavors and distinctive offerings from the frozen foods aisle. All of these new items are delicious, innovative and pack fun flavors with less fuss and time spent in the kitchen.”