Sysco Corporation, the Houston, Texas-headquartered global foodservice distribution company, on February 18 launched seven new products available exclusively for customers through its Cutting Edge Solutions platform. Five of the offerings are frozen, as detailed below.
- Sysco Classic Brown Butter Cakes. The rustic, individual-sized, thaw-and-serve treat is made with brown butter cake and real cream cheese, resulting in a menu pleaser that can be served across all dayparts or called upon for special catering applications. The distinct cakes, which present numerous customization opportunities, are ideally eaten warm for a rich dessert experience. Furthermore, they may be utilized as a versatile base for sundaes, upscale shortcake desserts and other on-trend creations designed to drive dessert sales.
- Portico Classic Wild Alaska Pollock Bites. “After one bite, you’ll be hooked,” says Sysco’s promotional sell sheet. The bite-sized Wild Alaska Pollock Bites feature a crispy, golden coating and may be plated after just a few minutes of frying. Serving suggestions range from snack and appetizer occasions, to or a full entrée mealtime option.
- Sysco Simply Cauliflower Pizza Crust is a plant-based, traditional style pizza component that is rich in authentic Italian flavor. The gluten-free, par-baked product blends cauliflower with quality ingredients to make a premium hand-stretched, stone-baked vegan pizza crust. Quick frozen to assure maximum quality, convenience and shelf life, the crust bakes to perfection in a conventional oven, and may also be heated in a toaster oven or grill in less than seven minutes.
- Path of Life Vegetable Rice Confetti Blend is billed as a “true vegetable medley of riced broccoli, cauliflower, yellow carrots and zucchini that delivers a vibrant grain substitute, garnish or side dish that allows operators to capitalize on the food bowl trend.”
- Tyson Chicken Twists. These tender, marinated and fully cooked chicken breast strips are lightly breaded and formulated to impart bold flavors in each bite. Whether fried or baked, they deliver versatility and can be served as an appetizer, small plate item, entrée topper or side dish.
Designed to enable customers to stand out by differentiating themselves in an evolving and competitive business environment, Cutting Edge Solution products are sourced from leading and up-and-coming suppliers and assist them in refreshing menus, driving increased traffic and streamlining back-of-house operations. Since inception of the concept in October of 2015, Cutting Edge Solutions has delivered over one million cases of new, on-trend, innovative products to foodservice operators.
The two non-frozen items added to the Cutting Edge Solution portfolio on February 18 were Frank’s Redhot Dry Seasoning and Anchor Shelf Stable Cooking Cream. New product ideas for the platform are in continuous development, with the next launch scheduled for September of 2019.