Gerber Products Company, a producer of baby food and early childhood nutrition products for 92 years, has entered the frozen aisles of supermarkets and grocery stores in the USA with the launch of Freshful Start, a premium, organic, simple-ingredient line of foods made with vegetables and whole grains.
Freshful Start bowls come in three varieties – Tomato Basil, Mac & Cheese and Southwest Style – and are designed for toddlers 12 months and up. Also offered are two varieties of veggie bites, Yellow Carrot, Kale, Lentil & Quinoa, and Broccoli, Lentils & Cheddar. Ready to warm and serve in minutes, each offering is free of preservatives, artificial flavors and colors.
In today’s uncertain world, parents feel stressed about how everyday decisions could negatively impact their children. According to a 2020 Gerber-sponsored survey of 2,000 parents in the United States, 64% of parents worry about not providing enough healthy food for their children. Gerber Freshful Start frozen products aim to ease their worries with new bowls that are convenient and nutritious.
“Families with busy schedules are looking for quick meal options for toddlers that provide the nutrition their growing bodies need. Parents can take comfort knowing Gerber Organic Freshful Start bowls and bites are nutritious mealtime options for toddlers,” said Dr. Erin Quann, R.D., head of medical affairs at Gerber/Nestlé Nutrition. “Developed by experts with toddler’s nutrition needs in mind, the line continues Gerber’s mission to povide key foods and nutrients that many young children fall short on, including calcium and iron. Mealtime options like these new bowls introduce young children to a variety of nutritious foods and beverages, helping establish healthy eating habits from the start.”
Here are product details:
- Organic Veggie & Grain Bowl – Tomato Basil. Containing 10% daily value of iron and whole grain pasta, this is an easy-to-self-feed option for toddlers. The bowl contains a variety of colorful vegetables, including tomatoes, yellow bell peppers, zucchini and kale.
- Organic Veggie & Grain Bowl – Mac & Cheese. Filled with carrot puree, sweet potato puree and broccoli in addition to 10g of whole grains and organic cheddar cheese, it serves toddlers 10% daily value of calcium and no preservatives or artificial flavors, all in an easy-to-spoon texture.
- Organic Veggie & Grain Bowl – Southwest Style. Containing a full serving of vegetables from ingredients such as tomatoes, green bell peppers and black beans, this recipe boasts a mixture of flavors and colors. The bowl also has 9g of whole grains from brown rice and 10% daily value of iron.
- Organic Veggie Bites – Yellow Carrot, Kale, Lentil & Quinoa. Made with natural ingredients such as organic yellow carrot, kale, lentil and quinoa and no preservatives, artificial flavors or colors, this offering contains 10% daily value of iron, 5g whole grains, 3g protein (8% of daily value) and 2g of fiber per serving.
- Organic Veggie Bites – Broccoli, Lentils & Cheddar. Produced with natural ingredients like organic broccoli, lentils & real cheddar cheese, this option delivers 10% daily value iron, 4g whole grains and 2g of fiber per serving.
“We’re always aiming to meet parents where their needs are by providing great products that foster healthy eating habits,” said Catherine Cortes, brand manager. “This is the first of what we hope will be many inventive frozen product offerings from Gerber. This is an exciting step in our innovation journey – entering a new area of the grocery store to bring parents nutrition at mealtime for toddlers with the same high quality and great taste parents expect from Gerber.”
Gerber Products Company was founded in 1928 in Fremont, Michigan, and acquired by Nestlé in 2007. It is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia.