Goodfella’s, the Nomad Foods brand well known for frozen pizza, pizza pockets and garlic bread in the United Kingdom and Ireland, is launching eight Italian-style frozen ready meals that will debut at Iceland stores in the UK before the end of August.
Each recipe features traditional flavors of Italy, is nutritionally balanced and low in salt. Serving up generous portions, the new products described below can be oven-cooked in 30-35 minutes or microwaved in just 10 minutes.
• Beef Lasagne: This rich dish incorporates Italian fresh egg pasta as well as authentic Grana Padano and Pecorino Cheese into the mix
• Creamy Carbonara with Chorizo: It’s made from Chorizo pork sausage and Cheddar, Mozzarella and Regatta cheeses
• Fiery Veg Arrabbiata: It brims with colorful vegetables including sun dried tomatoes to roasted courgette
• Fully Loaded Mac & Cheese: This dish features pepperoni and is topped with golden brown bread crumbs and cheese
• Supreme Mac & Cheese: Made with a generous serving of pasta, sprinkled with golden bread crumbs and cheese
• Meat Feast Pasta Bake: Ingredients include bacon, pepperoni and meatballs which ooze smoky flavors
• Mushroom and Garlic Risotto: The mushroom mix boasts whole Oyster, Nameko, Shiitake and Dice Porcini
• Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni: Complete with fine Italian ingredients, including fresh egg pasta
“We’re so excited to offer our new ready meals,” said Alex Brown, brand manager. “We’ve seen a huge demand in shoppers wanting high quality ready meals that are tasty, but also brilliant value for money. The new Goodfella’s range aims to offer excellent quality meals at a competitive price.”
The entire ready meal range packaging is fully recyclable and each meal sells at £3 individually or two for £5.