Grammy Award-winning recording artist, producer, and vegan entrepreneur, Jermaine Dupri, along with partner Big Innovations Group Inc., has announced the expansion of JD’s Vegan ice cream. Shortly after the initial launch of JD’s Vegan, the brand is rolling out new flavors including Chocolate My Way, Key Lime Pie, and (404) Cookies & Cream, which in January will make their way into Walmart freezer aisles alongside already available JD’s Vegan flavors, including Welcome to Atlanta, Peach Cobbler, Apple Butter and Strawberry Sweetheart.
In anticipation of the new year, JD’s Vegan is now listed at 736 Walmart stores across the United States and on Walmart.com. The brand continues to expand in select cities including Los Angeles, Houston, Atlanta and Miami, and will add an additional 300 stores to its distribution channel in the spring. This continued expansion makes healthy alternatives for frozen desserts more accessible to consumers nationwide, while simultaneously encouraging guilt-free indulgence.
“I cannot wait to bring the entire lineup of these exceptionally delicious flavors into Walmart stores,” said Dupri. “Giving people the chance to experience their favorite traditional ice cream flavors in a healthy, 100 percent dairy-free format is major. These products are the real deal, and will make you fall in love with plant-based eating.”
This collection of dairy-free, all-natural frozen desserts are GMO-free, lactose-free, and contain no artificial flavors. At the same time, they are as rich, creamy and promoted as “satisfying as traditional ice cream.”
Brief descriptions of the product portfolio follows:
• Chocolate My Way – ultra-rich and decadently smooth made with dark chocolate, cocoa butter, and a hint of vanilla bean
• Key Lime Pie – a refreshing balance of tangy citrus and sweet coconut cream with crunchy graham crackers and specks of key lime zest.
• (404) Cookies & Cream – cream-filled chocolate cookies chopped and remixed into a vegan delicacy.
• Strawberry Sweetheart – creamy dreamy strawberry puree swirls and real strawberry chunks dipped into a velvety cloud of coconut cream.
• Welcome to Atlanta, Peach Cobbler – fresh cut slices of golden peaches and crumbled cobbler.
• Apple Butter – crisp apples are whipped into a fine buttery spread then stirred with a toasted cinnamon streusel crumble.