Nestlé USA’s Solon, Ohio-bases Lean Cuisine team is introducing half a dozen new frozen entrees that include high protein bowls featuring oven fried white chicken meat that is blasted with superheated air to achieve a tasty ‘air fried taste,’ thus making the chicken extra crispy and juicy.
Additionally, new Lean Cuisine Cauli’ Bowls feature pasta made with cauliflower to deliver carb conscious meals – all for 400 calories or less. From Mac and Cheese to Creamy Tomato Vodka Pasta, consumers can enjoy their favorite pasta recipes carb consciously with one-third fewer net carbohydrates than the same recipes made with our traditional pasta.
Following are brief descriptions of the rollouts.
◦ Oven Fried Chicken with Mashed Potatoes. With half the fat per 10.5 oz of a similar bowl from a leading fast-food chain and 14 grams of protein, this oven fried chicken and mashed potatoes bowl features breaded white meat chicken with creamy mashed potatoes, savory gravy and sweet corn.
◦ Oven Fried Chicken with Buffalo-Style Mac & Cheese. This bowl contains 22 grams of protein and half the fat per 10 oz of a similar dish with breaded chicken from a leading frozen brand. It features breaded white meat chicken and pasta in a cheesy buffalo-style sauce.
◦ Cauli’ Bowls Fettuccini with Meat Sauce. With 11 grams of protein, 9 grams of fiber and 260 calories, this savory fettuccini pasta made with cauliflower is tossed with a flavorful meat sauce for a hearty and comforting dish.
◦ Cauli’ Bowls Creamy Mac and Cheese. This tasty mac and cheese recipe boasts a creamy cheddar cheese sauce and elbow pasta made with cauliflower. With one-third fewer net carbs than the same meal made with traditional pasta, this dish also has 13 grams of protein, 9 grams of fiber and 280 calories.
◦ Cauli’ Bowls Garlic Parmesan Alfredo with Broccoli. This bowl, which has cavatappi pasta made with cauliflower and broccoli and garlic parmesan alfredo sauce, delivers one-third fewer net carbs than the same meal made with traditional pasta, plus 10 grams of protein, 10 grams of fiber and 250 calories.
◦ Cauli’ Bowls Creamy Tomato Vodka Pasta. Freshly made cavatappi pasta made with cauliflower is combined with a creamy tomato vodka sauce to create a delicious comfort dish with one-third fewer net carbs than the same meal made with traditional pasta, plus 10 grams of fiber and 240 calories.
“In the last year, we’ve seen business and demand grow for Lean Cuisine as more people are looking for delicious options that help them meet their goals,” said Megan Smargiasso, brand manager. “Our fans continue to choose Lean Cuisine because of our commitment to taste and variety, all for under 400 calories – and we’ll continue to deliver on that with our latest offerings.”
All new Lean Cuisine bowls are available now at retailers across the USA for an MSRP of $3.49 to $4.29.