The Red Lobster restaurant chain’s annual Lobsterfest promotion is steaming full speed ahead in the USA, with four additional entrees on offer for a limited time that’s expected to last through February. Here’s what’s new:
- Dueling Lobster Tails: Maine lobster tail steamed in parchment paper with herbs, tomatoes and lemon, paired with a grilled Maine lobster tail topped with shrimp, bay scallops and roasted bell peppers in a rich sherry lobster cream.
- Lobster Truffle Mac & Cheese: Maine and langostino lobster tossed with cavatappi pasta in a cheesy truffle lobster cream, topped with house-made toasted Parmesan panko crumbs.
- Stuffed Tilapia with Langostino Lobster: Tilapia roasted with Red Lobster’s signature seafood stuffing and topped with langostino lobster in a creamy lobster beurre blanc.
- Lobsterfest Surf & Turf: Maine lobster tail, paired with guests’ choice of a wood-grilled sirloin, New York strip or filet mignon, topped with a langostino and Maine lobster beurre blanc.
“During Lobsterfest, we offer our guests more lobster than any other time of year, prepared in exciting new ways, like our Maine Lobster tail on a bed of wild rice, herb butter and fresh tomatoes, wrapped in parchment and baked to naturally steam and lock in all the great flavors,” said Dustin Hilinski, Red Lobster’s executive chef and culinary director. “We’ve added truffle to this year’s line-up, which pairs perfectly with lobster to create a rich, indulgent flavor combination for our Lobster Truffle Mac & Cheese.”
Also served are a number of options that have been popular with customers over many years, namely:
- Lobster Lover’s Dream: A roasted rock lobster tail and sweet split Maine lobster tail, steamed and served with lobster and shrimp linguini Alfredo.
- Ultimate Feast: Maine lobster tail, steamed wild-caught North American snow crab legs, signature garlic shrimp scampi and other shrimp.
- Seaport Lobster and Shrimp: A wood-grilled Maine lobster tail, garlic shrimp scampi and a garlic-grilled shrimp skewer.
- Wood-Grilled Lobster, Shrimp and Salmon: Maine lobster tail, jumbo shrimp skewer and fresh Atlantic salmon, finished with brown butter.
- Bar Harbor Lobster Bake: Petite Maine lobster tails, shrimp, sea scallops, mussels and tomatoes over linguini in a white wine broth.
As the Orlando, Florida-headquartered chain celebrates its 50th Anniversary year, it is also marking decades of leading the industry in sustainability as a founding member of the Global Aquaculture Alliance. All seafood served at Red Lobster is sourced in a manner that is traceable, sustainable and responsible.
“Our vision is to be where the world goes for seafood, now and for generations to come. To do that, we need to make sure we’re sourcing in a way that ensures there’s high quality seafood available to enjoy in the future,” said CEO Kim Lopdrup. “Responsible sourcing has been a priority for us since the very beginning.”
The privately owned company, which was acquired from Darden Restaurants four years ago by San Francisco-based Golden Gate Capital, ranks as the world’s largest seafood restaurant operator. Employing more than 55,000 people at over 700 units across the United States and Canada, it has a growing international footprint that includes franchises in Japan, Mexico, Brazil, Ecuador, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Malaysia.