Sweet Earth Foods, a rapidly growing plant-based food innovator, on June 16 announced the launch of two burritos and six entrée bowls. The latest additions to the Moss Landing, California, USA-based Nestlé company’s product lines are available now in the frozen aisle of grocery stores, with wider distribution increasing in the weeks ahead.
The new burritos and bowls offerings incorporate plant-based Awesome Grounds or Mindful Chik’n, formulated to deliver the meaty, juicy taste of real red meats. Created with ingredients including vegetables and globally sourced spices, the products are a good source of fiber and protein and are easy to quickly heat up in microwave or conventional ovens.
“More than ever, today’s consumers are looking for plant-based options that are packed with flavor and convenient, especially when it might be harder to find traditional meat products on shelves,” said Sweet Earth Foods Vice President Jessica Vasisht. “We are meeting this demand by offering plant-based options that appeal to flexitarians by satisfying cravings of traditional foods, but also providing plant-based nutrition and goodness in an easy, ready-to- heat format.”
Brief descriptions of the eight new products follow:
- Awesome Cheeseburger Burrito, made with plant-based Awesome Grounds (16 grams of protein), melted cheddar-jack cheese, kale and a tangy tomato onion salsa.
- Buffalo Style Chik’n Burrito, made with Mindful Chik’n (12 grams of protein), carrots, celery and authentic Buffalo Hot Sauce.
- Mongolian Beefless with Awesome Grounds, a good source of protein (14 grams) and fiber (5 grams), the recipe features plant-based grounds, snap peas, water chestnuts and Mongolian sauce over a bed of rice.
- Kung Pao Chik’n, featuring plant-based Mindful Chik’n, rice, celery, toasted peppers, bell peppers and kung pao sauce that is a solid source of potassium, protein (15 grams) and fiber (5 grams).
- Awesome Pasta Puttanesca, a compilation of pasta and the plant-based Awesome Grounds with cherry tomatoes, olives, capers and a classic puttanesca sauce (13 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber per serving).
- Chik’n Fajita, a plant-based Mindful Chik’n, black beans, onions, bell peppers, corn, poblanos and a tangy tomatillo poblano sauce over a bed of cauliflower rice (18 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber per serving).
Additionally, two entrée bowls are available exclusively at Target retailers across the United States:
- Awesome Bulgogi, Korean inspired plant-based Awesome Grounds with purple cabbage, carrots, bok choy and a sesame garlic siracha sauce on a bed of rice (14 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber per serving).
- Butter Chik’n, a mild curry dish featuring plant-based Mindful Chik’n with a vegan buttery tomato sauce, chick peas, carrots and green peas on a bed of rice (16 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber per serving).
These new releases follow Sweet Earth’s recent debut of Mindful Chik’n, Awesome Burger and Awesome Grounds in late 2019 and will be joined by other innovations the brand is planning to announce, including plant-based jerky and deli slices.