Sweet Earth Foods has launched three new heat-and-eat Breakfast Bowls and reformulated, ready-to-eat Deli Slices in supermarkets and other grocery stores throughout the United States. As Americans increasingly return to on-the-go busy lifestyles, these plant-based protein offerings provide quick and flavorful meal options for consumers.
The latest Sweet Earth Breakfast Bowls are inspired by classic savory regional scrambles, all while serving up 17-20 grams of plant protein and three to five grams of fiber in each bowl. New flavors found in the frozen meals section include:
• Protein Lover’s Breakfast Bowl. This plant-based scramble is filled with cage-free eggs, plant-based faux sausage and bacon, spinach and cheddar cheese.
• Southwest Veggie Breakfast Bowl. Ingredients in the Southwest scramble are cage free-eggs, poblano peppers, black beans, cilantro lime brown rice and Monterey jack cheese.
• Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Bowl. Here you have Mexican-inspired flavors with cage-free eggs, plant-based chipotle seitan, cotija cheese, sweet potatoes, peppers and tortilla strips.
Meanwhile, in the deli meat section, the three newly reformulated types of Sweet Earth Deli Slices contain 15 grams of plant protein. All three offerings, as briefly described below, have zero grams cholesterol.
• Plant-Based Turkey Slices. Oven-roasted flavors with rosemary and sea salt deliver a juicy faux turkey meat taste and texture.
• Plant-Based Ham Slices: Smoky applewood flavor provides a savory ham experience, colored with natural ingredients like red radish.
• Plant-Based Pepperoni Slices: Blend of spices and wholesome ingredients, including textured pea protein. According to the producer, the combination “recreates true Italian-inspired pepperoni flavor, perfect for pizza and sandwiches.”
“The new additions of the Breakfast Bowls to our product portfolio and the reformulated Deli Slices, along with our recently launched ready-to-eat, flavor-forward Mindful Chik’n options, offer something for everyone and every occasion this fall,” said Seema Sundar, director of marketing at Moss Landing, California-based Sweet Earth Foods, a unit of Nestlé USA.
The Bowls and Deli Slices have a suggested retail price of $4.79 and $6.99, respectively. Meanwhile, a special four-pack of the Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Bowl is offered exclusively at Sam’s Club outlets, retailing for $11.98.