The first assortment features four brightly colored celebration cakes – Pinata, Rainbow, Funfetti and Citrus Sunbeam. Aimed at family-oriented establishments, they are promoted as “the perfect showstoppers for any celebration.”
The Elegant and Fresh range also features four cakes: Persian Style Lemon, Lemon & Elderflower, Victoria Sponge and Blueberry Muffin. With a more upmarket focus, these offerings are well suited for afternoon tea and special occasions.
“Consumers love eye-catching cakes that they can’t make at home or buy in supermarkets. Ours are ideal for coffee shops, pubs, restaurants and hotels,” said Nick Redford, managing director at Caterforce. “Cakes are a key category for the hospitality and catering sector, and we’re confident that our Chefs’ Selections range is offering our customers a cost-effective product line that doesn’t compromise on quality or taste.”
Detailed descriptions of each offering follow.
- Pinata Cake: A chocolate masterpiece topped with multi-colored buttercream swirls and sugar sprinkles. Filled with chocolate buttercream and for the pinata effect, milk chocolate beans that spill out.
- Rainbow Cake: Seven brightly colored layers of Victoria sponge, coated with buttercream and topped with a multi-hued crumb decoration.
- Funfetti Cake: Two moist layers of Victoria sponge speckled with confetti colors, covered with opulent buttercream and finished with a chocolate flavored pink drip and sugar sprinkle ball decorations.
- Citrus Sunbeam Cake: Triple layers of yellow, orange and white sponge cake with orange and lemon curd layers. It’s topped with yellow, orange and white buttercream.
- Persian Style Lemon Cake: Two moist layers of lemon sponge with lemon curd and fresh lemon zest baked in and filled with geranium and lemon curd flavored buttercream. The topping features lemon drizzle, hand piped rose swirls, edible rose petals, pistachios and lemon curd drops.
- Lemon and Elderflower Cake: A two-layer sponge cake filled and covered with lemon and elderflower buttercream and a further layer of lemon curd inside. The topping is white chocolate coated cereal and malt balls with a shimmering silver finish.
- Victoria Sponge Cake: A premium Victoria sponge filled with raspberry jam and buttercream. It’s topped with hand piped swirls of buttercream, piped drizzles of raspberry jam and sprinkles of sugar.
- Blueberry Muffin: A two-layer cake filled with buttercream and blueberry compote and finished with a light dusting of white sugar snow.
Established in 1991, Caterforce is a buying and marketing group working with seven of the United Kingdom’s leading independent foodservice wholesalers, ensuring national buying power together with local service. With combined turnover exceeding £500 million per annum, its private label Chefs’ Selections features over 350 products generating annual turnover in excess of £50 million.