DiGiorno Bakes Up Crispy Pan Pizza, Buns and More
- Five Cheese – stuffed with Asiago, Romano, Parmesan, mozzarella and ricotta cheeses.
- Pepperoni – filled with pepperoni, mozzarella and chunky tomato sauce.
- Italian Style Supreme: stuffed with Italian sausage, pepperoni, onions, black olives, mozzarella and red and green peppers.
- Spinach Artichoke – loaded with spinach and artichoke with a three-cheese blend.
- The first-ever DiGiorno gluten-free product is a thin crust pizza made with zero GMO ingredients. Two varieties feature crispy and delicately thin crust and high-quality toppings:
- Four Cheese – topped with premium mozzarella cheese, Parmesan, Asiago and Romano cheeses.
- Sausage Supreme – loaded with Italian sausage, green and red bell peppers, onions and premium mozzarella cheese.
- Bacon Me Crazy – topped with Applewood smoked bacon and salami with a bacon and mozzarella cheese stuffed crust.
- Aloha Bacon – topped with ham, Applewood smoked bacon and pineapple with a bacon and mozzarella cheese stuffed crust.
Don’t tell the DiGiorno marketing team that summer is not a good time to launch new frozen pizza products. As far as they’re concerned, if the offerings are tasty enough folks won’t mind dialing up the home kitchen heat to prepare a treat to eat. And they won’t mind not having to having to hand out a tip for a late delivery either.
Seventy-five percent of pizza lovers in the United States enjoy pan-style pizza, according to a survey of 1,248 consumers published in the Datassentials MenuTrends Keynote Report. But until now they couldn’t have a crispy, baked fresh from their own oven, pan-style pizza without making it from scratch. The new DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza, topped with edge-to-edge cheese for a crust that is crispy and caramelized on the outside and soft and tender inside, is baked off in its own pan.
“We set out to create a one-of-a-kind pizza that responded to a desire for a crispy pan pizza straight from the oven,” said Mike Niethammer, vice president of marketing at Nestlé USA’s pizza and snacking division. “Our bakery experts met the challenge head on, developing a recipe that uses heat technology to bake each pizza to crust perfection in its own specialized pan.”
DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza is made with 100% real cheese, a preservative-free crust and no artificial flavors. Four 12” x 8” varieties – Pepperoni, Four Cheese, Supreme and Three Meat – are rolling out to grocery stores nationwide at a suggested retail price of $8.49. Each comes with a single-use baking pan.
Bringing even more variety to the frozen pizza aisle, DiGiorno is launching additional products that conveniently complement fun evenings or relaxing moments at home – from snack-sized delights to gluten-free pizza made with no GMO ingredients.
New DiGiorno Pizza Buns serve up golden brown on the outside and soft and airy on the inside. Here are the offerings:
Six-packs of Pizza Buns are available now at select supermarkets and grocery stores across the USA for a suggested retail price of $3.99.
Ultra Thin Crust Pizza
The Ultra Thin Crust Pizzas are available now at select local grocery stores for a suggested price of $6.49.
Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Pizza
Also worth checking out are DiGiorno Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Pizzas priced at $8.49. They come in two varieties featuring a signature sauce made with California vine-ripened tomatoes: