Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada-based AC Covert, a member of the Cooke family of companies, has debuted nine seafood box selections to be purchased online for home delivery across Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. The new packaging and service is a pivoting move by the seafood distribution company to drum up sales. During normal times, prior to the Covid-19 health crisis, it sold large quantities directly to the restaurant, tourism and hospitality sectors as well to retail grocer stores and shops.
The boxes feature Cooke’s True North Seafood products and other locally farmed and fished products from Atlantic Canadian companies. The most popular items thus far include the “Slammin’ Salmon” box offering 2 x 4 oz frozen Atlantic Salmon portions, 2 x 6 oz frozen trays of Wild Alaska Sockeye salmon, 2 x 4 oz packages of cold smoked Atlantic salmon; the “Fin-tastic Fresh” box offering 2 lbs of haddock fillets and 2 lbs of Atlantic salmon fillets; and the and a 16 oz package of candied Atlantic salmon.
Among other offerings for home delivery are:
- “Single, Since You Can’t Mingle” – A large variety of frozen seafood options including wild caught Alaska sockeye salmon, cod, bay scallops, Atlantic salmon portions and bacon-wrapped sea scallops.
- “East Coast Comfort Fish” – Haddock fillets, scallops, Icelandic cod fillets and mussels to cook individually or use everything to make classic East Coast chowder.
- “Oyster Odyssey; Pearls Optional” – promoted as “48 of the best oysters the East Coast has to offer,” features are Village Bay, Chebooktook and Beausoleil oysters.
- “Smoke From the Water” – A variety pack of smoked mackerel fillets, herring fillets, cold smoked Atlantic salmon, hot smoked salmon portions and candied Atlantic salmon.
- “Get Hooked on this Party Pack” – A box jammed with 25-30 servings of appetizers including bacon-wrapped scallops, coconut shrimp, and Mediterranean and poquito sofrito salmon croquettes
- “So-Fish-Ticated Dining” – Packed with premium seafood to enjoy during at-home date nights, it includes bacon-wrapped scallops, coconut shrimp, halibut fillets and two lobsters.
- “Have Your Cake and Eat it Too” – This box comes with a recipe card and all the seafood required to make fish cakes including haddock bits, deep-sea red crab combo meat, and salmon and scallop pieces.
The prepared boxes range in price from $55 to $125, and overnight Fedex delivery is offered to residents of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and PEI at a flat rate of $9.99. Residents living in the Halifax or Dartmouth area can order by phone or online and then either pick up in-store at 390 Higney Avenue, Burnside Business Park, Dartmouth, or choose free local home delivery.
“With the coronavirus travel restrictions we saw an opportunity to make it easier for people to buy seafood from our region,” said Joel Richardson, vice president of public relations for Cooke. “We have been working hard to supply grocery stores, because in the Maritimes, seafood is a huge part of our culture which brings comfort during challenging times. Our seafood boxes are an ideal care package to send to family or friends you haven’t seen for a while. As a local family company, it is important for us to conveniently provide people with the seafood they love so we can all support sea farmers and fishers.”
AC Covert is also now offering customized boxes where customers can select from over a dozen frozen and fresh seafood products. For more details, visit www.accovert.com.