Friendly’s Restaurants in the United States has added several indulgent offerings to its summer menu, while Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill + Bar outlets are now featuring shrimp on its “All You Can Eat” menu for a limited time.
“Summer is all about gatherings, and the limitlessness of All You Can Eat lets the good times at Applebee’s keep on rolling,” said Joel Yashinsky, chief marketing officer of the Glendale, California-headquartered casual dining franchise. “While you might get too much sun this summer, you can never have too much of a good thing like delicious Riblets, classic Chicken Tenders, or tasty Double Crunch Shrimp.”
Priced at $14.99, each entrée is offered at $14.99 and served with a side dish of cole slaw and french fries.
Franchised by subsidiaries of Dine Brands Global Inc., Applebee’s operates 1,830 units through the USA, Puerto Rico, Guam and 13 countries outside the USA.
Friendly’s Gets Friendlier
Meanwhile, the Wilbraham, Massachusetts-headquartered Friendly’s chain is highlighting special seafood dishes, burger bargains and sundae treats through September 8. Here’s the lineup:
- Lobster Quesadilla. For an entrée or appetizer, seasonal lobster tossed in warm garlic sauce and Monterrey Jack and cheddar cheeses are melted in between layers of flour tortilla, served with sour cream and salsa.
- Lobster Mac & Cheese. Hearty, extra cheesy corkscrew pasta topped with warm garlicky lobster, crispy breadcrumbs and crumbled applewood-smoked bacon; served with salad.
- Fisherman’s Platter. Indulgent fried shrimp, clam strips and tavern-battered cod fillet served with cole slaw, french fries, lemon and choice of tartar or cocktail sauce.
- Parmesan Sourdough Cheeseburger. Choice burger with Dijon mustard, Swiss cheese, mushrooms and grilled onions on sourdough bread grilled with an Asiago, Parmesan, Romano and garlic cheese crust; served with fries.
- Ollie the Octopus Sundae: Back by popular demand, a kid-friendly combination of orange sherbet, cherries, sour gummy worms and ooey gooey blue marshmallow topping; item comes free with entree for children under 12.
- Strawberry Shortcake Sundae: Another item returning due to popular demand, this sundae is made from a combination of shortcake and vanilla ice cream, drizzled with strawberry topping and covered in whipped cream.
“Summer cravings come in all forms, and our new specials have something for everyone,” said Dennis Pfaff, chief operating officer of FIC Restaurants. “We’re excited to offer these new ‘Deliciously Fun’ menu innovations that are well suited for the leisurely fun-filled season.”
FIC Restaurants, an affiliate of Sun Capital Partners, operates approximately 260 Friendly’s outlets up and down the Eastern Seaboard of the United States from Maine to Florida. Together with its franchisees, the company reportedly rang up system-wide sales of over $250 million last year.