Chicago, Illinois, USA-headquartered Conagra Brands is kicking off its new fiscal year with dozens of retail product launches across the four major domains in which it competes. The Frozen & Refrigerated Meals category figures prominently in the introductions.
“We have been reinventing frozen meals to drive growth since 2015, and our efforts are fueling the entire category,” said Darren Serrao, the company’s executive vice president and co-chief operating officer. “We see continued growth ahead for frozen meals, and are taking advantage of this opportunity by offering consumers the flavors, modern health attributes and convenience they demand.”
“We have a $2 billion portfolio in snacking, which is the fastest-growing occasion in food,” added Tom McGough, executive vice president and co-chief operating officer. “We also have a sizable grocery portfolio, which includes a $1 billion presence in condiments and sauces. Our slate of innovation in these areas will provide people with contemporary options that are supported by strong consumer trends.”
Conagra’s robust lineup of new food offerings will be phased in throughout 2019 and during the front half of 2020, with the first wave of innovations hitting supermarkets now. Following is a selection of some of the company’s new frozen product highlights:
• Banquet Mega Sandwiches, made to deliver hearty protein and bold flavors with the ease and convenience of a handheld sandwich, come in four flavors including Pepperoni Stuffed Pizza, Meatballs & Mozzarella, Steak & Cheddar and Smoky BBQ Seasoned Pork.
• P.F. Chang’s Home Menu Ramen boasts restaurant-quality ramen with tender noodles and rich, flavorful broth. Four new authentic Asian cuisine at home options include Pork Shoyu and Chicken Tonkotsu.
• Bertolli Modern Italian Pasta Skillets bring bold Italian flavors to the freezer aisle with seven new varieties of premium al dente and stuffed pastas. New varieties include Gnocchi Pesto, Butternut Squash Ravioli and Black Pepper Fettuccine.
• Birds Eye is providing consumers even more ways to eat vegetables, starting with four new options in Veggie Made Tray Bakes for families that include Chicken Alfredo Pasta and Three Cheese Ziti. Also on offer is a Birds Eye Veggie Made Meals for One line of eight new bowl varieties ranging from Garlic Chicken to Meatball Marinara with Vegetable Pasta.
• Healthy Choice continues to grow within the wellness space with new grain-free options, featuring riced cauliflower, which appeals to consumers on low-carbohydrate diets. Four new flavors include Spicy Beef Teriyaki, Basil Pesto Chicken, Spicy Black Bean & Chicken and Chicken Marinara.
Also on the Healthy Choice menu are Simply Steamers with Riced Cauliflower dishes featuring Chicken Tikka Masala and Garden Vegetable.
• Marie Callender’s is redefining comfort food in new contemporary forms and flavors. Its Pub Pies are presented as an elevated take on the traditional pot pie with tender cuts of braised and roasted meat wrapped in a buttery shortbread crust. Flavors include Herb Roasted Chicken and Steak & Ale.
Then there are Shepherd’s & Cornbread Pies, which deliver the savory experience of a pot pie without the crust. Three new varieties are inspired by favorite pairings and menu trends including Beef Shepherd’s Pie and Beef & Bean Chili Cornbread Pie.