The global non-dairy ice cream market is poised to surpass US $1 billion in value by 2026, according to a new research report from Shelbyville, Delaware, USA-headquartered Global Market Insights, Inc. Rising consumer focus on health and hygiene, coupled with demand for functional foods and beverages around the world will escalate the demand for low-calorie products and health supplements, thus fostering overall industry outlook.
Increasing prevalence of lactose intolerance and milk allergies among consumers has led to an upsurge in the consumption of dairy substitute products globally. Manufacturers are utilizing healthier ingredients compared to dairy counterparts for capturing multiple consumers. Factors such as low-calorie content and high protein benefits will propel dairy-free products’ demand. Also, the rise in the vegan and flexitarian population in developed and emerging nations will positively impact industry growth.
Strawberry will emerge as a prominent product flavor in the global non-dairy ice cream industry, registering revenue growth over 14% up to 2026. Artificial strawberry flavorings and aromas are widely being utilized by the industry participants in numerous frozen desserts, owing to high demand from the vegetarian and flexitarian population. The presence of vitamins such as vitamins C & K, potassium, and folate in strawberry helps to reduce the risk of heart attack, cancer and atherosclerosis. Besides, increasing product launches in the form of strawberry flavor blends and plant milk sources will help to serve changing consumer tastes and preferences.
Among major findings of the report include are:
- Inclination of people towards vegan, vegetarian, and flexitarian food lifestyles has led to increased demand for ice cream prepared from plant milk. Growing concerns related to environmental protection and animal welfare has augmented the product adoption rate
- Wide scale availability of frozen desserts in numerous flavors and blended forms will foster the overall industry trends.
- Key functional properties exhibited by the product that help to fight against fatigue, stress, and aging will have a positive impact on the industry landscape.
- Rising innovations and trend development of attractive and convenient packaging have assisted the distribution channels through easy storage and enhancement in the product appeal.
- Increasing consumer awareness of nutrient intake levels and the importance of nuts, seeds and legumes in diets of millennials, adult and the aged populace, owing to recommendations from government organizations, will spur industry statistics.
- Some of the key market players manufacturing non-diary ice cream are Bliss Unlimited LLC, Danone, NadaMoo, General Mills, Booja Booja, Tofutti Brands, Unilever, Talenti and Swedish Glace.
- The non-dairy ice cream market for artisanal products incurred the highest compound annual growth rate and the product is further anticipated to witness significant gains due to their availability in attractive dessert combinations and low level of sugar and added preservatives content. This has resulted in higher adoption of artisanal forms by health-conscious consumers.
More information about the 320-page report is available by telephoning Arun Hegde at Global Market Insights at +1-888-689-0688, or by sending an e-mail request to email@example.com.