Lineage Logistics is expanding its Direct-to-Consumer (D2C) fulfillment solution services to provide more value in e-commerce options to perishable food customers.
As part of the Novi, Michigan, USA-headquartered company’s investment in D2C, Perishable Shipping Solutions (PSS), an e-commerce pick-and-pack order fulfillment service for brands requiring temperature-controlled storage and shipping, has been acquired. This follows Lineage’s 2021 purchase of Crystal Creek Logistics (CCL), a provider of last mile drop-ship order fulfillment for temperature-controlled goods. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Lineage’s expanded D2C fulfillment solution offers a complete e-commerce package for the cold chain, accommodating two-day ground shipping anywhere in the continental United States. Currently servicing over 100 e-commerce food and beverage brands across eight facilities dedicated to D2C fulfillment, Lineage’s team of e-commerce experts execute nearly 250,000 monthly and over 2.5 million annual shipments.
“As the largest cold chain logistics provider in the world, we are uniquely positioned to be the partner of choice for the booming fresh and frozen direct-to-consumer market, which has experienced incredible growth in recent years,” said Mark Nelson, who leads D2C fulfillment for Lineage Logistics. “Leveraging decades of experience in e-commerce fulfillment, in combination with our comprehensive suite of transportation and temperature-controlled logistics solutions, our ability to support and scale with customers is unrivaled, whether they are primarily direct-to-consumer brands or brick-and-mortar brands considering an entrance to the market.”
Lineage’s D2C fulfillment solution includes:
• Strategically located fulfillment centers, operating eight temperature-controlled facilities ideally positioned to optimize two-day ground shipping to 99% of the US population
• End-to-end logistics services, leveraging Lineage’s comprehensive suite of temperature-controlled transportation offerings
• Custom branded experiences, allowing partners to provide customers with a full branded unboxing experience including specialized packaging and inserts
• Commitment to food safety, using advanced temperature modeling to ensure products stay at the right temperature through delivery
• Dedicated customer service, deploying a team that will support customers from the time products enter Lineage’s facilities to when they arrive on a customer’s doorstep