Unilever, the world’s largest ice cream company, has announced the introduction of 25 innovations across six of its packaged ice cream and frozen novelty brands in the USA, including Breyers, Good Humor, Klondike, Magnum ice cream, Popsicle and Talenti Gelato & Sorbetto. Now available from major retail outlets nationwide, the products include reimagined nostalgic treats, the expansion of several popular lines, indulgent flavors and formats, and what it calls “better-for-you options for every occasion and ice cream fan.”
“The ice cream portfolio includes iconic and beloved brands. When creating new products, we look at key trends and what consumers want in their treats to ensure we’re creating innovative flavors and expanding the variety of product shapes and sizes that our fans will love,” said Russel Lilly, vice president of Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey-based Unilever Ice Cream North America.
• Chocolate Pretzel Swirl, which will be available in February, features a rich chocolate base, salted pretzel swirl, and chunks of real chocolate chips mixed throughout.
• Double Chocolate Brownie Batter combines classic chocolate ice cream with a rich brownie batter swirl and real brownie dough pieces mixed throughout.
The Breyers CarbSmart line welcomes three new flavors, as described below, as well as existing fan-favorite vanilla to its new pint size offering.
• CarbSmart Chocolate Chocolate Chip features a creamy chocolate base and chunks of rich chocolatey chips.
• CarbSmart Mint Chip contains a cool, refreshing mint base, swirled with chunks of rich chocolatey chips throughout.
• CarbSmart Coffee Cookie Crunch combines a bold coffee-flavored base with crispy and crunchy chocolatey cookie bits.
• CarbSmart Vanilla features the classic and creamy CarbSmart vanilla taste in a sweet new size.
Each pint contains two servings with 100 to 130 calories, 4 grams net carbs, four to five grams of fiber and three to four grams of sugar per serving, making Breyers CarbSmart pints appealing to consumers watching their calorie or carb intake but still looking to enjoy something sweet.
Reese’s Snack Cups
Breyers takes its collaboration with Reese’s to the next level with the introduction of Breyers Reese’s Snack Cups. At three ounces, they feature creamy peanut butter mixed with real Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and are positioned as “the perfect portion size to enjoy on-the-go or at home.”
Breyers also expands its non-dairy offerings to include two new flavors, Mint Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Chocolate Chip, for those in search of non-dairy options in the frozen treats aisle. The brans’s non-dairy offerings are made with dairy-free almond milk.
• Non-Dairy Mint Chocolate Chip features a cool mint base with chunks of chocolatey chips mixed throughout.
• Non-Dairy Chocolate Chocolate Chip features a creamy chocolate base swirled with chunks of crunchy chocolatey chips.
As for real dairy ice cream, all Breyers flavors are made with 100% Grade A milk and cream that comes from cows not treated with artificial growth hormones. New offerings for 2021 are detailed below.
Seasonal Coconut Fudge Breeze
Available March through the end of summer 2021, Breyers adds a tropical twist with Coconut Fudge Breeze, which joins existing seasonal flavors Frozen Peppermint Hot Chocolate, Layered Desserts Peach Cobbler and Layered Desserts Caramel Apple Pie. Coconut Fudge Breeze combines a sweet coconut frozen base with a rich fudge swirl and flakes of real shredded coconut mixed throughout.
Good Humor Revives ’90s Viennetta Cake
Viennetta, the tasty classic take on an ice cream cake, has finally returned to the USA after almost 30 years, thanks to Good Humor. The Good Humor Vanilla Viennetta combines a wavy frozen vanilla base between crispy, decadent chocolate layers in a unique cake shape that is portioned for an entire family to share.
The product is positioned to make any day a celebration, be it at a birthday or holiday party, BBQ bash or an after-dinner treat!
Wake Up with Donuts from Klondike
The only thing better than coffee and donuts is coffee and Klondike Donuts, according to Unilever’s promotion team. The newest addition to the Klondike Donuts family, Klondike Wake Me Up Coffee, combines the “magnetic pull” of Klondike bars with the comfort attraction of one’s favorite donut.
Klondike Wake Me Up Coffee Donuts are a sweet and decadent treat that feature a dark chocolate hard shell with a white confectionary drizzle and a robust frozen coffee flavor made with 100% Arabica Colombian coffee.
Inspired by favorite food mashups, Klondike Donuts are a nod to the beloved donut taste, decadent toppings, and iconic shape, with a cool Klondike twist. Wake Me Up Coffee joins existing Klondike Donuts flavors Boston Cream, Triple Chocolate and Frosted Strawberry.
Magnum Ice Cream Truffle Bars and Red Velvet Tubs
Leading global ice cream brand Magnum has announced the launch of four new products including a line of indulgent Truffle Bars and a bakery-inspired take on the iconic red velvet flavor with a classic Magnum ice cream twist. In marking 10 years in the United States market, Magnum ice cream is also introducing a new look across ice cream bars and pints packaging. Descriptions follow.
• MINI Dark Chocolate Truffle Bar: Dark chocolate ganache sauce, swirled through a dark chocolate ice cream, dipped in a dark chocolate shell. Made with 68% cacao, the calorie count is 140.
• MINI Berry Truffle Bar: Dark chocolate ganache sauce, swirled through a fruity strawberry ice cream, dipped in a dark chocolate shell. It’s also made with 68% cacao and has 140 calories.
• Double Chocolate Vanilla Truffle Bar: Dark chocolate ganache sauce, swirled throughout classic vanilla ice cream, dipped in a creamy milk chocolate shell. Made with 44% cacao.
Magnum Ice Cream Double Red Velvet Tubs
Wrapped in a chocolate cracking shell, Magnum ice cream tubs are crafted for one to enjoy chocolate by the spoonful. This year, sees introduction of the new Double Red Velvet. Inspired by a fan-favorite dessert, the product boasts chocolate ganache sauce, swirled throughout cream cheese ice cream, topped with red velvet cake crumbles and white chocolate pieces. It’s wrapped in a cracking white chocolate shell, made with 33% cacao.
Popsicle Treats with Fruity and Fun New Flavors
The iconic Popsicle brand presents a number of special treats for 2021, which are now available in the frozen treats aisle.
New Popsicle Fruit Twisters with mango, strawberry and vanilla combine bold flavors made from real fruit and milk, with fun shapes that children of all ages will enjoy.
Popsicle Mango, Strawberry and Vanilla Swirl Fruit Twisters, which twirl mango puree and nonfat milk around a frozen strawberry core, are a good source of Vitamin C, contain 10 grams of sugar and 70 calories per pop, and are made with colors and flavors from natural sources. These latest offerings join existing Fruit Twisters flavors Peach, Raspberry and Vanilla Swirl and Strawberry, Blueberry and Vanilla Swirl.
Minions and Spider-Man Popsicles
An ice cream truck staple, Popsicle’s character pops – treats shaped like popular movie and TV characters – are now making their way to the frozen aisle.
• Minions Popsicles feature a combination of fruity strawberry banana and tart blue raspberry.
• Spider-Man Popsicles combine a fruity flavor of strawberry, blue raspberry, and lime.
These products have 70 to 80 calories and 10 grams of sugar per pop and are made with colors and flavors from natural sources.
Nostalgia and Decadence Talent Gelato Style
Talenti Gelato & Sorbetto, the best-selling gelato brand in the USA, has welcomed four new flavors to its Layers line: Confetti Cookie, Strawberry Shortcake, Cookies and Cream and Chocolate Pretzel. That brings the total Layers offerings count to 15 flavors. Talenti has also introduced two new flavors to its core Gelato line, Honey Graham and Peanut Butter Vanilla Swirl.Inspired by beloved childhood treats, the Talents Gelato Layers range includes four new flavors, as detailed below.
• Confetti Cookie Gelato features layers of Talenti’s signature vanilla gelato, vanilla cookie pieces, pink frosting, and rainbow sprinkles.
• Strawberry Shortcake Gelato combine five layers of strawberry gelato, shortbread pieces and tart strawberry rhubarb sauce to put a refreshing spin on a beloved dessert.
• Cookies and Cream Gelato boasts both cookies & cream and vanilla gelato that is layered with Talenti’s signature sweet dulce de leche, pieces of chocolate cookies and cookie crumbs.
• Chocolate Pretzel Gelato Layers, which will be available in February, combine salty pretzel and vanilla gelato bases, crunchy waffle cone pieces, and a salted pretzel sauce swirled throughout for the right balance of salty and sweet.
Talenti Core Gelato
For additional indulgent treats, Talenti is offering a new core Gelato line of flavors, which include:
• Honey Graham Gelato, made with a rich and creamy vanilla gelato that is drizzled with sweet wildflower honey and mixed with crunchy golden graham cracker pieces.
• Peanut Butter Vanilla Swirl Gelato, combining Talenti’s signature vanilla gelato with a creamy roasted peanut butter swirl and real mini peanut butter cups mixed in throughout.