Wicked Kitchen, a Minneapolis, Minnesota-based marketer of 100% plant-based food products, has added new frozen artisan pizzas and heat-and-eat meals to its expansive range of offerings in the United States.
Inspired by global flavors from Europe to Asia, Wicked Kitchen’s convenient meal solutions are now available in nearly 2,000 Kroger stores throughout the country, just in time for the start of the busy back-to-school season with big appeal to vegans and omnivores alike.
“Shoppers no longer have to sacrifice taste or convenience when looking for plant-based meals,” said CEO Pete Speranza. “Our latest line up is inspired by cuisines from around the world and while they happen to be plant-based, they are meant to be enjoyed by all – whether you’re preparing a meal in a dorm room or looking for a quick and easy lunch or dinner that’s veg-forward and full of flavor.”
Wicked Kitchen was first launched in the United Kingdom by chefs and brothers Derek and Chad Sarno, which helped ignite the plant-based movement in Britain. Debuting in the USA one year ago, it now offers more than 40 SKUs in the market. The latest launch of products includes three 14-inch frozen pizzas priced at $9.99, as detailed below:
• The Wicked Meaty Pizza – Topped with grandmother Nana’s classic red sauce, spicy plant-based ground sausage, PepperNOni, mushrooms, jalapenos and Wicked vegan motz.
• The Saucy Motz Pizza – Topped with Nana’s red sauce, basil, kale, cherry tomatoes and Wicked vegan motz.
• Rulebreakin’ Rustic Veg Pizza – Featuring olive-spiked red sauce, peppers, sautéed mushrooms and Wicked vegan motz.
Made with hand-stretched dough and wood fired for a crust that is promoted as “setting it apart from other frozen pizzas,” and with the new vegan “motz,” Rulebreakin’ Rustic Veg Pizza (pictured below) is topped with a special olive-spiked red sauce, peppers and sautéed mushrooms.
On the ready meals front, new 14-oz. heat-and-eat entrees offered for $5.99 include:
• Naked Burrito with Beyond Meat – Beyond Beef plant-based ground in a smoky, spicy, sauce with vegetable rice, grilled red peppers and black turtle beans.
• Korean Inspired Bowl with Beyond Meat – Beyond Beef plant-based ground in a Korean-style miso and soy sauce with fragrant jasmine rice and mixed vegetables.
• Peng Panang Tofu Curry – Tofu, butternut squash, onions and bok choy in a rich red curry sauce with fragrant jasmine rice.
• Seriously Sriracha Tofu & Rice – Diced tofu in a fiery chili sauce with a vegetable, bean and lentil rice.
The new offerings of frozen meal solutions are complemented by an array of quick noodle cups and meal kits that launched last year in Kroger stores.